Brain and Head Injury Compensation Claims
Head and brain injuries can have a serious and lasting impact not only on the lives of the victim, but also those close to them, so it is crucial to have the right network of specialised support.
When making a head or brain injury compensation claim through our specialist team at Hudgell Solicitors, you will be provided with immediate support and guidance, whilst our lawyers work to ensure the earliest possible rehabilitation care and financial assistance.
Our solicitors have represented hundreds of clients across England and Wales who have suffered injuries ranging from mild head injuries to life-changing brain injuries, for which dedicated packages of long-term financial support, and physical and psychological treatment and care, are secured.
Please download a full copy of our Life Changing Injury Handbook.
Specialists in Head and Brain Injury Claims
We recognise that no amount of compensation can ever turn back the clock in cases involving traumatic brain injury, and this is why our brain injury compensation lawyers not only focus on maximum possible damages settlement for clients, but at all times strive to secure access to the best treatment and ongoing support.
A Personal Support Package is put in place for all clients to meet their own individual specific needs, in which our team will;
- Put rehabilitation at the forefront of our work - from arranging medical assessments and treatment to rehabilitation, physiotherapy and mental health support.
- Provide immediate practical help – such as speaking to employers, lenders and insurers on your behalf.
- Pursue interim payments – we always seek early interim payments to provide the support required and fund required home adaptations
- Signpost to valuable support - we can we introduce clients to ‘buddies’ – others who have suffered similar injuries and experienced the ‘journey’ to recovery – or charities which can provide vital support.
- Look after you in the long-term - not only do we focus on securing the highest possible damages settlement, we also provide investment advice after settlement to make sure compensation supports not only clients’ immediate needs but also over the years ahead.
The Brain Injury Group was established in 2011 as a national network of dedicated brain injury lawyers and other specialist services to provide a gateway to information and advice for brain injured people, their families and carers.
Making a Brain and Head Injury Claim
Our expert brain injury solicitors are highly-experienced in supporting families through traumatic times, ensuring our legal expertise is provided in an understanding and sympathetic manner.
We understand you may already be facing the extra worry of financial loss, which is why we offer a free consultation to discuss your options.
Our team always seeks to secure financial and rehabilitation support as soon as possible, and work closely with insurers to agree the earliest possible payments to help cover medical or rehabilitation costs, or the cost of adaptations to homes if required.
We also always seek to reach a settlement without the need for going to court, which happens in the vast majority of our cases.
The first step to making a head or brain injury compensation claim is to get in touch. Our expert lawyers will arrange a confidential, no-obligation chat to discuss your circumstances and assess whether or not you have grounds to make a claim.
Our Brain and Head Injury Experts
How much will my brain injury compensation claim cost?
Brain and head injury cases are conducted by Hudgell Solicitors on a “no win, no fee” basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money upfront and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed upon before your case is started.Find out more
- Serious head injuries can be suffered in a wide range of circumstances, and at Hudgell Solicitors we have expert lawyers who specialize in claims relating to specific scenarios.
- If the person suffering from a brain or head injury is not able to manage their own claim, then a trusted friend or relative can do this on their behalf.
- In doing so they will adopt the role and responsibilities as if they were the claimant themselves. In other words, they take on the role of ‘Litigation Friend’ under a duty to act in the victim’s best interests.
- For most personal injury claims you must issue legal proceedings within three years of the accident. There are exceptions to this rule, for example, if a child suffers a head injury then they have three years from when they turn 18 to issue proceedings.
- If, however, a person is not able to manage their own legal affairs due to mental incapacity, then there is no time limit for bringing a head or brain injury claim.
- The damages amounts awarded in personal injury cases can vary significantly, but head and brain injury cases usually result in higher compensation settlements due to often having a long-term impact on an individual’s life.
- The compensation awarded reflects the severity of the injury , pain and suffering endured and potentially long term pain and suffering that could be endured, together with financial losses that have been or will in the future be sustained.
- Factors that influence the amount of compensation awarded include:
- The severity of your injuries and pain suffered
- The impact of psychological damage
- Level of income prior to the accident and loss of that income
- Possible loss of enhanced income due to lost opportunity for wage increases or promotion
- Costs of future professional care
- Costs of any home adaptations / equipment required
- Medical expenses such as for private treatment or counselling
- Travel expenses incurred
- To discover how much head injury compensation our previous clients have received, take a look at our client stories.
- Once you get in touch, we’ll arrange a free, confidential chat to discover more about the circumstances of how the accident happened, the severity of head or brain injury and the impact it has had on everyday life.
- If your case is taken on, at no cost to you, we will instruct professionals to provide assessments as to the physical, emotional, and psychological impact the brain or head injury has had, gathering any supporting evidence to support the claim.
- We offer our client full access to independent medical experts as well as other help, advice and support networks that we have established.
- For those who suffer serious brain and head injuries, our ambassador Paul Spence, a serious brain injury survivor who runs the community support charity P.A.U.L For Brain Recovery, is available to offer his first-hand experience and advice.
- Whilst doing all of this, we will always be in close contact to keep you informed at every step of the legal process so you are aware of what’s to come next and allow you to plan for the future.