Motorcycle Accident Compensation Claims
A motorcycle accident can be a traumatic event that leaves a lasting impact on your life, and the lives of your loved ones. Making a claim for compensation after being involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault can help with medical costs and the emotional cost of a motorbike injury.
Our expert motorcycle accident lawyers are experienced in helping bikers get the compensation they deserve and will guide you through the complex claims process, supporting you every step of the way.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another motorist within the last three years, you may be able to make a claim.
Motorcyclists are some of the most vulnerable groups on the road, despite making up just one per cent of Britain’s road traffic – with 44 bikers injured every day on average. The type of injury you sustain can include many types of physical and psychological injuries and claims can be made for anything from a head injury to an injured or broken limb, or the lasting emotional trauma of being in an accident.
What happens when I make a motorcycle accident claim?
Claiming compensation for a motorcycle accident is a four-step process, and we’ll keep you updated as to how your claim is progressing at regular intervals. Your claim will be handled by our specialist motorbike accident solicitors, who will be able to assist with any queries or concerns you may have.
Step 1: Assessing your claim and gathering information
We’ll begin your claim by assessing the circumstances of the accident and work closely with you in this regard with an aim to place full liability on the party responsible. In the event of a liability dispute we will look to contact any witnesses there may be with a view to obtaining detailed statements to support your claim, and if the police were involved, we may also look to obtain a copy of the police report and consider whether any criminal proceedings were brought against the driver.
Step 2: Assessing your rehabilitation and ongoing support needs
Depending on the severity of your motorbike accident, you may require ongoing treatment and care to get your life back on track following a serious incident.
We will liaise with the responsible party’s insurers with a view to ensuring that appropriate rehabilitation is put in place at an early stage. You’ll also undergo a medical assessment with an independent expert, who will determine the severity of your injuries and outline the ongoing treatment and rehabilitation you require moving forwards.
Step 3: Deciding on motorcycle accident compensation
Once we’ve established the extent of your injuries and ongoing care requirements, we can then consider what level of compensation is appropriate to compensate you for your injuries.
We will also look to calculate a sum that is appropriate for your medical needs, rehabilitation and loss of earnings, so you and your family can enjoy financial security now and in the future.
This will then be put to the opposing party, who can either agree to the settlement or put forward a counter offer of their own. In the event that it is not possible to negotiate a fair settlement, the case may need to go to court where a judge will decide on the level of compensation which should be awarded. Our team will of course be with you every step of the way.
Step 4: Concluding the motorcycle accident claim
The final step in the process is concluding your claim, at which time you’ll be awarded compensation if your case has been successful. Remember, all our motorbike accident claims are handled on a no win no fee basis, so if you don’t win you won’t be expected to pay a penny.
Specialists in Motorcycle Accident Claims
We understand that claiming compensation following a serious motorcycle accident can be a stressful and emotional process, particularly if you or a loved one has suffered significant physical or psychological injury. By choosing Hudgell Solicitors, you’ll receive expert legal advice and support throughout the process.
- Working with you to establish the circumstances of your motorcycle accident claim, our specialist team of personal injury lawyers will focus on securing a settlement which reflects the impact the injury has had on your life.
- Claiming compensation for a motorbike accident is a four-step process, and we’ll keep you updated of how your claim is progressing at regular intervals.
- Your claim will be handled by our personal injury specialists, who will be able to assist with any queries or concerns you may have.
- After assessing your medical records, we'll instruct an appropriate independent doctor who will examine you and prepare a report detailing your injuries and the impact the accident has had on your life. This report will be used to assess the potential value of your claim.
Do I qualify for a motorcycle accident claim?
If your accident took place within the last three years, and it was it caused by another motorist, there’s a good chance you’ll have a claim. The best way to find out if you have a claim is to get in touch with our expert team so we can go over your case.
It is also possible to make a claim on behalf of a loved one or relative who was injured in a motorbike accident or involved in a fatal motorcycle accident that was caused by another driver or third-party negligence.
The steps you take following a motorbike crash can be key to a motorcycle accident claim
The impact of a motorbike crash may leave you unable to react, but in order to pursue a road traffic accident compensation claim, the more evidence and notes you can collect, the better your chances of a successful claim.
If possible, try to do the following:
- Seek medical assistance to assess your condition and attend to any injuries
- Note down the details of those involved and any witnesses (or ask someone to do so for you)
- Take photographs of the scene (or ask someone to do so for you)
- Keep hold of any records, medical or otherwise, that have been made in relation to the event. Once acquired, this information will help a motorbike accident solicitor to assess your claim and offer guidance accordingly. Further useful information for us to consider is:
- Have the Police suggested the other party involved will be prosecuted or sent on a driver improvement course?
- Do you have any witnesses that can support your version of events?
- Did you have a helmet cam? If so, please provide us with footage asap.
Our Motorbike Accident Experts
- There can be many causes of road traffic accidents involving motorbikes, the majority of which stem from negligence on behalf of other road users.
- But if your motorcycle accident was caused by a pot hole on a poorly maintained road, you may be able to claim compensation – even if there was no other motorist involved.
- The UK road network is riddled with potholes, and it’s possible to make a claim against local councils in the event of one causing a crash.
- If you have evidence to show that a poorly maintained road was responsible for your motorbike crash, we may be able to help you claim compensation.
- Personal injury compensation claims for minor injuries resulting from road traffic accidents changed from May 31, 2021 when reforms came into force which significantly affect the value and conduct of claims under £5,000. However, these new reforms do NOT apply to cyclists, motorcyclists or pedestrians.
- How much you might receive after a successful motorcycle accident claim very much depends on the particulars of your case.
- The amount of compensation calculated will take many factors into account beyond a physical injury. There will likely be damage to your motorcycle, helmet, or other gear, and there could be ongoing medical and rehabilitation costs, as well as loss of earnings and other expenses. There’s also the emotional impact on you and your family, and how that will affect your future quality of life.
- Your expert motorcycle accident lawyer will take all these elements into account to calculate a fair and realistic compensation claim amount, and will fight on your behalf to make sure you receive what you’re entitled to.
- All motorcycle accident claims taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
- If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.
- Your claim will seek to cover your injury, any repairs needed to your motorcycle and attire, the cost of alternative transport needed after your accident, any loss of earnings, and the costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Choose to make a claim for motorcycle accident compensation with us and you’ll benefit from expert legal representation and a comprehensive rehabilitation and support offering.
- Our specialist team understands the dangers involved in riding a motorbike on the road and will assess your claim and offer a free, no obligation consultation, so you can start the process with complete confidence and peace of mind.
- For more information about how we can help you with a motorcycle accident claim, get in touch today or visit our claim online page.
- While the number of motorbike-related deaths is decreasing, the sad fact is that the vulnerability of bikers means that they’re much more likely to suffer fatal injuries during an accident than other road users.
- At Hudgell Solicitors, we understand the pain and suffering of losing a loved one in a motorcycle accident, and recognise that coming forward to make a claim can be an incredibly difficult process.
- Our team will do all they can to secure the compensation you and your family need to begin to move on following such a tragedy, treating your case with the utmost empathy and respect throughout the claims process.
- Whenever you’re ready to make a claim on behalf of your loved one, we’ll be here for you.