Personal Injury

The seven figure sum was a life saver, but it was all due to the tremendous effort put in by Matt my solicitor.

Daniel Black

Personal Injury

With the compensation and the help secured for Daniel, he now has a better future ahead of him.

Matt Tuff
Personal Injury

Compensation claims against uninsured and untraced motorists

Whilst road traffic accidents in the UK are far lower compared to other countries, if you or a loved one are involved in an accident with an uninsured or untraced driver, you may be concerned about the complexity of making a claim.

However, you can rest assured that our team of specialist lawyers are dedicated to taking the stress away from this process and will guide you every step of the way.

What you need to know

To help you understand the claim process for uninsured drivers, we have outlined some useful information:

  • if the car you are involved in an accident with is identified by the police as stolen, it is at the insurance company’s discretion as to whether they deal with the claim
  • if the car you are involved in an accident with is insured for a person who was not driving at the time, it is at the insurance company’s discretion as to whether they deal with the claim
  • if there is no policy in place, or if the insurance company refuses to pay out, a claim can still be made through the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB), which deals with claims involving uninsured or untraced drivers

We are here to help you

We are accredited by APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers) and MASS (Motor Accidents Solicitors Society) so you can feel comfortable and confident in your claim for negligence.

Our dedicated team will ensure your claim is not held up, despite the difficulties associated with being in an accident involving a stolen vehicle or uninsured or untraced driver. We understand that you and your family need advice and financial support as quickly as possible so you can get back to normality.

How to make a claim against an uninsured motorist

We will work closely with the police and car insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve. We will also provide initial free advice and answer any questions or worries you may have.

As time limits apply, please call us today and we’ll guide you every step of the way.

Do you have a serious or complex claim?

Hudgell Solicitors specialise in dealing with complex and serious injury claims.

Find out what you need to know about choosing a solicitor for serious injuries >>

Simply call us on
0148 278 7771 for free advice


No win no fee

  • personal insurance cover so there’s no financial risk to you in pursuing a claim
  • whatever the outcome of your case, you won’t have to pay a penny (provided that you fully assist us with your claim) other than an agreed percentage of your damages