Wherever you are in the UK, we can help. Simply call us or fill out a form about your claim and we’ll be in touch about connecting you with a solicitor near you. We have offices all over the country:
Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims
If you’ve been involved in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, either as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, our team of personal injury lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve. From whiplash incidents to serious injuries, road traffic accidents can impact your life and your future.
Road traffic accidents can involve passenger vehicles such as cars or vans, as well as motorcycles, bicycles, public transit vehicles, or pedestrians. If you’ve suffered due to someone else’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation that can be put towards helping you get your life back on track.
We help hundreds of people each year with their a ‘no win no fee’ road traffic accident claim Our specialist legal team will help put you on the path to recovery by ensuring you have the money you need to pay for treatment, bills, and any lost earnings you’ve incurred because of your accident. We will also help you to prepare for the future, so you can move on from your accident in the best possible way.
Our team of highly experienced road traffic accident solicitors understand that being involved in an accident can have a devastating and sometimes life-changing impact, not only on you but also on your loved ones.
The Hudgell Promise
When we take on any case, we want you to feel reassured and confident in every aspect of your claim. That’s why we offer a service that puts your needs over and above anything else.
1Schedule our first meeting within 24 hours
2Return your phone call or email the very same day if received before 3pm
3Reply to any letter you send us within 2 days
4Write to you every 4 weeks with any updates or information on your case
*Our promise is different for criminal injury claims
What Is A Road Traffic Accident?
Road traffic accidents include any accident that you may have suffered involving a car, van, motorcycle, bicycle, or public transit vehicle, either as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian. If you’ve been the victim of a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation for the suffering you’ve endured.
Road Traffic Accident Claim Types
Our specialists have previously secured large compensation settlements and helped people injured as a result of many different types of traffic accidents. Contact our team if you’ve been involved in any of the following:
Pedestrians are significantly more vulnerable than motorists. This puts you at a higher risk of suffering from a severe injury when an accident occurs while walking along or crossing the road. Speaking with our solicitors about what you can do in the aftermath is a good start to getting your life back on track.
Other types of road traffic accident claims include:
Will My Road Traffic Accident Claim Be ‘No Win No Fee’?
Our car accident compensation claims work on a ‘no win no fee’ basis, which means you won’t pay a penny if you don’t win your case.
If successful, part of your compensation will be paid towards your solicitor to cover the fees. This cost will often be a percentage that you agree prior to court proceedings, so you have complete transparency of your ‘no win no fee’ arrangement upfront.
As part of the ‘no win no fee’ agreement, you’ll take out personal insurance cover, which will protect you against the cost of additional expenses such as medical records and court fees. If your case is unsuccessful, you won’t owe anything to your solicitor or be responsible for your opponent costs.
Cyclist was partly at fault for accident but able to claim £48,500 in damages for his injuries
Cyclist was partly at fault for accident but able to claim £48,500 in dama...Read more
Dependency settlement of £262,000 for mum-of-two after husband killed in r...Read more
About JaneWith over 30 years experience and as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives, Jane directs our highly experienced team on all personal injury cases. Jane has specialised in high value and complex personal injury cases that have often resulted in serious, life-changing injuries. This includes supporting those who have suffered amputation and reconstruction involving extensive periods of rehabilitation.
About KarenKaren has successfully dealt with very high profile cases for people who have been involved in road traffic accidents which have resulted in serious injuries. As manager of the personal injury team in Leeds, Karen's focus is around providing a personal service and ensuring that clients have the utmost confidence when completing a claim.
About KentAs an accredited Senior Litigator, Kent specialises in catastrophic injury cases with a focus on spinal cord injury, brain injury and amputation cases handling many multi-million pound compensation cases. As a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury Special Interest Groups, Kent has previously secured damages as high as £9.3million.
About SamuelAn Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) Accredited Litigator, Samuel specialises in supporting those who've suffered catastrophic injuries, handling cases of serious orthopaedic injuries to those with severe brain injury. Samuel has a track-record of securing holistic and comprehensive rehabilitation packages with interim payments to assist clients at the earliest opportunity in their recovery.
About LeanneLeanne specialises in dealing with high value and complex personal injury cases involving brain injuries, spinal injuries, pain disorders and amputation claims. With over a decade of experience, Leanne is an Accredited Litigator by the Association of Personal Injury Solicitors (APIL) and is the team leader of our highly experienced specialists in the Hull office.
About SarahAs a qualified solicitor, Sarah is an expert in investigating the complexities that some personal injury cases hold bringing invaluable skills to the wider team. Sarah specialises in all personal injury claims, including road traffic accidents, and has the experience required to advise her clients with compassion throughout the length of the claim and beyond.
About PaulPaul handles complex private international law cases, helping clients overcome issues concerning jurisdiction and applicable law in cases of accidents, injury and illness abroad. With an expert knowledge of travel litigation, Paul is a recognised leader in the sector as confirmed by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500: “Professional, patient and thorough, Paul McClorry advises on a range of claims covering package holidays, road traffic collisions, accidents on cruise ships, aviation incidents and group actions.”
About AnthonyAnthony works in the Travel Litigation Team based in Leeds and represent individual and corporate clients both in the UK and internationally. His key strength is being able to quickly assess often complex situations where foreign laws and regulations have to be considered in order to progress a case. His knowledge and expertise in these areas has allowed him to act for claimants and defendants where there has been an accident or illness abroad, on a plane or on a boat.
Road Traffic Accident Compensation: Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What should I do if I’ve been in a road traffic accident?
Being involved in an accident on the road can be incredibly stressful, especially if you suffer severe injuries or go into shock. However, if you’re capable, it’s important to gather as much information as possible at the time, which could have a huge impact on the potential success of your claim.
If you’ve suffered a road traffic accident, try to:
- Share all your details and information with the other party – including your name, address, phone number, car registration and insurance details.
- Take as many photos of the accident as possible – this will provide exact details of any collision, the position in the road and the exact time and date.
- Make a note of the car’s owner in case they were not the ones driving.
- Write down the model of the other car or cars involved, including the year, colour, registration details and exact damage sustained
- Try to avoid discussing the accident or key details like who was in the wrong.
- Speak to any witnesses if possible and get their contact details.
- File an accident report to the local police force in case you end up having any future disagreements with the other parties involved.
- Get in touch with your own insurance company as soon as possible and relay as many details of the incident to them as you can.
- If the other party refuses to provide insurance details or leaves the scene of the accident call the Police to report the accident immediately or as soon as practically possible. It may be possible for the Police to consider CCTV in the area to trace the third party vehicle.
Q. How long after an accident should I make a claim?
Time limits do apply to road traffic claims, but sometimes they vary. Usually you have three years from the date of the accident to put forward your claim – which is why speaking to one of our road traffic accident solicitors today can make all the difference.
Get in touch now to get your claim started, use our contact form to request a call back, or fill in our claim form. One of our road traffic accident solicitors will be in touch.
Q. How do I make a ‘no win no fee’ road traffic accident claim?
Our team of expert road traffic accident lawyers have helped hundreds of car accident victims claim compensation for their injuries. Get in touch today to arrange a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your circumstances.
One of our personal injury lawyers will listen to your story and help you understand whether you may be entitled to claim compensation. If we think you have a case, we can work with you on a ‘no win no fee’ basis to get the justice you deserve.
If they take on the case our solicitors will do everything for you – you don’t have to worry about any of the complications of putting the case together.
- Get in touch with us or start your claim online to arrange an initial consultation.
- Our experts will need to know as many details as possible about the accident, including:
- The registration number of the vehicles involved.
- The model, colour and year of the vehicles involved.
- The amount of immediate damage.
- The road name and exact location of your accident.
- Date and time of the accident.
- The weather conditions at the time of the accident.
- Any other specific details that are key to the incident.
- Once we’ve established that you have solid grounds to raise a claim, we’ll set up a conditional fee agreement, which outlines the terms of your ‘no win no fee’ claim including how much you’ll owe if your case is successful.
- Going forward, we’ll take charge and help you through every step, including contacting anyone who may have witnessed the accident, along with independent medical professionals. We’ll also liaise with the other party’s insurance company to establish negligence and try to negotiate a settlement.
If the other party refuses to accept responsibility, we’ll begin proceedings on your
Q. Road Traffic Accident Compensation Amounts: How Much Can I Claim?
The amount of compensation depends on your situation, but settlements should consider ‘general damages’ and ‘special damages’:
- General damages are designed to cover the pain and suffering you’ve experienced because of the accident, and how it will impact your future. Typically, the more serious the accident, the more compensation you may be owed.
- Special damages refer to the expenses you’ve incurred because of the accident, and any future costs that may arise because of it. This can include medical bills, rehabilitation costs, along with related things such as loss of earnings due to time off work.
Road Traffic Accidents Compensation Amounts
The amount you’re entitled to will vary, depending on your situation. Speak to our expert road traffic accident lawyers, who will be able to give you an idea of how much you can claim, based on their experience and past cases they’ve dealt with.
Call for free legal advice today on 0808 274 3662– 24 hours, 7 days a week
Or one of out experts can call you back.
Why Should I Choose Hudgell Solicitors When Making A Road Traffic Accident Claim?
Because we understand that compensation might account for only part of the help you need following an accident. To make a successful recovery, you might need ongoing emotional and physical support and therapy. We pride ourselves on ensuring our clients get everything they need to put things right.
Claiming compensation for road traffic accidents can be complicated, as there can be issues and disputes over liability, and complications if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver. Our team of specialists are experienced in negotiating final settlement figures with insurers to fully compensate the injured party.
We work with the following organisations to ensure we get the best results for you:
- The Law Society (Lexcel): Lexcel Accreditation from The Law Society and recommended as a leading firm in The Legal 500’s 2016 edition.
- The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB): As part of the Road Traffic Act 1988, every insurer underwriting compulsory motor insurance is obliged to be a member and must contribute to its funding helping them to compensate victims of accidents caused by uninsured or untraceable motorists.
- The Financial Ombudsman: In place for you to complain about your motor insurer when you are unable to resolve the dispute with them yourself – the ombudsman can be contacted for impartial advice and assistance.
Speak to one of our road traffic accident experts to find out more about the process of making a compensation claim.
Speak To A Road Traffic Accident Solicitor Near You
Our Other Services
Explore our full range of ‘no win no fee’ compensation services to find out how we can help you get the justice you deserve.
Support in making a claim
“The seven figure sum was a life saver, all due to the effort my solicitor put in.”
– Daniel Black
Looking to see if you're eligible?
Get in touch for free legal advice
Call today to speak to an expert
What Our Clients Think
"Listened too, great advice and feel rejuvenated by their response. Really helpful feedback and will… "
"Hudgell Solicitors dealt with my case very quickly and effectively. The contact and communication was… "
"Fantastic service, on the ball with everything and good outcome"
"Very professional, took all the stress off my hands and very pleasant to deal with.… "
Hudgsell’s were our insurers with…traffic accident in France - successful claim.
"Hudgsell’s were our insurers with regard to road traffic accidents occurring abroad, (France) we were… "
Always honest with there appraisal and…
"Always honest with there appraisal and willing to listen"
Made the whole holiday illness claim…
"Made the whole holiday illness claim stress free. Updates given regularly- overall a pleasure to… "
I was fortunate to find Hudgell…
"I was fortunate to find Hudgell Solicitors after having an official complaint upheld. After I… "
"Great service. Kept informed at all times. Good results"
Very professional and pleasant…
"Very professional and pleasant solicitors .. kept me up to date and was very prompt… "
"Friendly, Helpful, and fair. Would recommend Hudgells to anyone I know."
Friendly professional service.
"Excellent service all way through."
"After not knowing what to do, hudgell have helped me thoroughly through the process and… "
helpful informative efficient and…
"helpful informative efficient and friendly these are all the qualities I found with the firm… "
it took a long time but i definitely…
"it took a long time but i definitely got the result i wanted and deserved… "
Very good efficient service
"Very good efficient service"
Rated 9.1 out of 10 based on 478 reviews
55 Fleet Street
DX 437 Chancery Lane
No 2 @ The Dock
46 Humber Street
DX 11923 Hull
10 Park Place
DX 744770 Leeds 19
1 St Peter’s Square
© 2019 Hudgell Solicitors®. All Rights Reserved.
Hudgell Solicitors is a trading name of Neil Hudgell Limited | Director Dr. Neil Hudgell MA LLB (Hons) LLD | Registered in England No. 7078429 | Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority | SRA No. 521372 | VAT Registration No. 254 7802 90