Neil Hudgell Limited is a law firm that takes protecting your data and respecting your privacy extremely seriously.
This policy explains our data processing practices on any data that you provide us with, or any that we collect. Please read the following information carefully with regard to how we will treat your personal data.
The Data Controller in this instance and for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘the Act’), is Neil Hudgell Limited whose head office is located at No 2 @ The Dock, 46 Humber Street, Hull, HU1 1TU.
If you require further information, your enquiry should be directed to the Data Protection Officer, Lauren Dale by writing to the above address or by emailing email@example.com.
- Neil Hudgell Limited is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Codes of Conduct 2019 and where we believe there to be a legitimate interest in holding your personal data or where you have consented to receive marketing materials, we may use your information to provide and personalise our service directly to you.
- Where we collect personal data, we store securely in both hard copy and electronic copy. This data may be used to compile reports and statistics that comply with contractual requirements and for general administration purposes (eg correspondence by letter).
- We ensure that the provisions and obligations imposed by the GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Data Protection Principles together with any subsequent re-enactment or amendment in storing and processing personal data, are complied with at all times. We may use your information to send you news about our products or services (or, with your consent, those of other legal services providers) which we think may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes. We will never pass your personal data to anyone else (outside of the uses detailed below), except for any successors in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf. Please ensure you update whoever is handling your claim, or (if you are not a current client) our marketing team with any changes to your personal contact details. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to correct any other data that relates to you. You also have the right to request access to your information and request erasure regarding any information we hold. You can do this by writing to Lauren Dale, Neil Hudgell Limited, No 2 @ The Dock, 46 Humber Street, Hull HU1 1TU, or emailing him at email@example.com
- You have the right to ask us not to process your information for the purposes of marketing (as detailed below). We will always seek and gain your consent before collecting your data. If we intend to use your data for marketing purposes we will gain your consent for us to do so. You will be asked at the start of your claim if you would like to consent to receiving marketing information. After providing consent you may at any point unsubscribe from materials such as newsletters sent through to you. Your details will be deleted from our records on receipt of your unsubscribe notice.
- There are a number of ways that data and information may be collected and processed by the Data Controller, these are listed below:
- Web site forms and LiveChat enquiries – information collected on hudgellsolicitors.co.uk web forms would include information provided by you when you registered to use our services or when requesting more information on the services we provide. This may also include commenting on articles and information on the web site via feedback forms. The type of information collected could include your name, address and contact details, including email address as well as details of your interest in the firm’s services, including (but not limited to) the type of claim you wish to enquire about.
- Other data collected could include information relating to your visit to the web site and may include your IP address and include traffic data and pages accessed. Such data is not personalised but is collated for statistical purposes only to inform our marketing. This will provide information on pages accessed, operating system, and browser type.
- Our web site also uses cookie files which may then be stored on your hard drive on your computer to help us to deliver a better and more personalised experience for you when using our web site. The cookie will be able to store your specific preferences and interests so that we can provide customised data based upon your specific needs. This will also ensure that our web site is quick and responsive will recognise you should you visit the web site on subsequent occasions. You are able to refuse to accept cookies through your browser settings.
- Correspondence – If you contact us either via email, letter, fax or text we may keep a record of that correspondence. This may also include information submitted for recruitment purposes.
- Telephone Calls – If you contact us by telephone, we may keep a record of your number on our own internal systems and on the systems of any external provider engaged by us to assist with tracking the success or otherwise of our marketing campaigns. All calls may be (at our complete discretion) recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- As a part of being able to continuously assess and improve our services we may ask you to complete surveys on our performance but you are not obliged to do so if you so wish.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence stored on file for future reference.
- The personal data that is provided to us by you is stored on our dedicated secure servers and with our secure cloud providers; or on the secure servers of those to whom we outsource specific services.
- We do have strict procedures and security applications to try to prevent any unauthorised access to you data when stored on our servers. However, information transferred via the internet cannot be guaranteed as secure and information transferred on this basis is at your own risk.
- There are a number of ways that we use and process your information and these are listed below:
- To be able to progress with any contractual agreements made between us, especially regarding any cases taken on.
- To ensure that we keep proper records in accordance with the regulations governing legal services.
- To inform you of any services that we think may be of interest to you if you have receive such information.
- To provide details of your case to required third parties such as counsel, consultants, medical practitioners. Costs lawyers and other specific professionals, for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and ensuring that we fulfil our contractual obligations.
- To notify you of any changes to the services that we provide.
- To process any applications for recruitment and selection purposes.
- For direct marketing and e-marketing purposes on services that you may be interested in and have opted in to receive.
- To ensure you the best experience possible when using the web site.
- To help us trace the origin of your initial enquiry to a specific campaign or web page.
- If you have any concerns about us using your data in this way then please contact is at firstname.lastname@example.org . Even if you have agreed to have your information used for any marketing related purposes previously you can change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com or by writing to Neil Hudgell, Neil Hudgell Limited, No 2 @ The Dock, 46 Humber Street, Hull HU1 1TU.
- We may disclose your personal information to third party contacts for the following purposes:
- In the event Neil Hudgell Limited, or the business currently trading as Hudgell Solicitors is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Neil Hudgell Limited about its clients will be transferred as part of the assets of the firm.
- When there is a legitimate business interest to disclosure your information.
- Should you require any further information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
- The Data Protection Act ensures you the right to have access to information held about you. Any such request should be made to Lauren Dale.
- When you make an enquiry you will consent to share information with us and advice will be provided. Your personal data and advice given will be held for 7 years.
- When you instruct one of our solicitors you become a client of Neil Hudgell Limited and your data and case file will also be held for 7 years (from the date your file is closed).
- If you have any questions regarding our policies and procedures and how we handle you personal data please forward these or any comments to Lauren Dale, Neil Hudgell Limited, No 2 @ The Dock, 46 Humber Street, Hull. HU1 1TU or email firstname.lastname@example.org.