Hair and beauty compensation claims
When visiting a hairdressers or beauticians, you should always expect professional treatment and care from specialists to make sure you look and feel your best.
Hairdressers and salons are required to meet particular regulations controlling the storage, use and disposal of chemicals such as hair dye. They are also required by law to ensure electrical appliances used for hair styling are regularly tested for safety.
Salons should also carry out a hair strand test where required to ensure chemicals in styling products will not damage your hair follicles.
However, there is currently no registration scheme in the UK for these services, so you cannot always be sure of receiving professional treatment by fully trained people, and things can go wrong. If they do, we can help get you the compensation you deserve.
Some examples of hairdresser claims and salon negligence include:
- hair loss, brittle and/or thin hair
- burns or blisters to the skin or scalp
- reactions to chemicals or products
- delayed regrowth of hair
- itchy or flaky skin irritations
- waxing resulting in damage to skin
- eyelash treatments resulting in eye irritation
We are here to help you
Our team of experts has experience in dealing with a wide range of hair and beauty therapy claims.
Should you suffer as a result of negligence by a hairdresser, we will also obtain evidence from a Trichologist (a hair expert) to prove the damage has been caused by them, and to predict how long it will take for your hair to return to normal.
If you would like to discuss your case in confidence with one of our friendly experts, contact us now for support and guidance.
Simply call us on
01482 778 463 for free advice
No win no fee
- personal insurance cover so there’s no financial risk to you in pursuing a claim
- whatever the outcome of your case, you won’t have to pay a penny (provided that you fully assist us with your claim) other than an agreed percentage of your damages