Airline Accident Claims
Airline accident compensation claims
Travelling by aeroplane is one of the safest form of travel. However, there are rare occasions where accidents may happen to both passengers and crew members.
These accidents can happen either when embarking or disembarking the aircraft, or at times of unexpected incidents during the flight itself. For example:
- items falling from unsecured overhead lockers
- unexpected turbulence causing injury
- the serving and spilling of hot drinks
- slips, trips or falls within the aircraft
As with holiday compensation claims, it’s important to remember that depending on where you are in the world, laws may differ. Here is some useful information to bear in mind when making an airline compensation claim.
- if you booked your holiday and flight through a tour operator, you may have additional rights under the 1992 Package Tour Regulations which can impose liability on tour operators for negligence on the part of their overseas suppliers
- most international plane accidents are governed by the Montreal Convention 1999 under which there is a strict liability system
- this means a passenger need only prove that an accident actually occurred, and that the Convention applies to that type of accident, to make a successful claim
- accidents are defined as ‘unusual and unexpected’ and not a result of a passenger’s physical reaction to flying. For example, claims for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or hearing loss would not fall under the Convention
- the Montreal Convention does not apply to UK domestic flights, but UK law does apply to these and a passenger can still seek compensation, though not on a strict liability basis
- it is necessary in cases to prove negligence on the part of the airline and/or crew, and whether it could reasonably have been avoided
We are here to help you
If you have had an accident on an aeroplane which wasn’t your fault, please get it touch with us today as there is a shorter than normal limitation period for claims under the Montreal Convention.
Our highly experienced team of travel litigation solicitors will provide all the support and legal advice you and your family need to get the compensation you deserve.
How to make a claim
If you or someone you know has suffered in any way, through no fault of their own, please get in touch and we’ll take the worry and hassle out of making a claim. So get in touch today and we’ll guide you every step of the way.
For more information, watch our video:
Simply call us on
01482 778 463 for free advice
No win no fee
- personal insurance cover so there’s no financial risk to you in pursuing a claim
- whatever the outcome of your case, you won’t have to pay a penny (provided that you fully assist us with your claim) other than an agreed percentage of your damages