Faulty Product Claims
Faulty Products Compensation Claims
It can be a frustrating inconvenience, and on most occasions, that’s luckily all it is. However, should a faulty product cause an injury, you may be entitled to compensation.
Our team of experts are experienced in recovering compensation from manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and retailers of faulty or potentially dangerous products. Some examples of faulty product claims we have won compensation for include:
- A defectively manufactured razor blade causing a cut and scar
- A defective pair of shoes which came apart the first time they got wet causing a fall
- A defectively manufactured ‘free gift’ supplied by a fast food outlet causing a cut and scar
- A defective horse bridle causing the rider to fall and injure themselves
If you have suffered a physical injury from using a faulty product, please call our team of solicitors today for free initial advice.
Specialists in Faulty Product Claims
You and your loved ones are at the core of everything we do. That means we will keep you informed with any developments in your case, avoiding legal jargon and speaking in plain English at all times. Time limits will apply so please call us today for free initial advice.
- Led by Law Society Personal Injury Panel Member Jane Woodcock and Karen Smith, each has over 20 years’ experience of handling cases involving faulty products.
- Our specialist team of solicitors are here for you and your loved ones to provide expert legal advice.
- We help to take away the worry and hassle out of making a claim, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
The Law Society Accreditation is only awarded to solicitors who meet the highest level of management and customer service standards. The schemes promote high standards in legal service provision and ensure that clients are easily able to identify legal practitioners with proven competency in given areas of law giving you added peace of mind when choosing a lawyer.
Making a Faulty Product Claim
There’s absolutely no risk involved in inquiring about your position, or your claim, so it pays to speak with an expert. Ultimately, the only time you’ll end up paying for legal costs is if your case is successful – and even then you will only ever pay an agreed percentage of damages as a contribution to costs.
There is a time limit to make a claim, however, so it’s best to act as quickly as possible. Normally you have three years from the date of your treatment or from the date you realised your condition was a result of your treatment. If you were under the age of 18 when you received the treatment, you’ll have three years from your 18th birthday to make a claim.
Our Faulty Products Experts
How much does my claim cost?
All faulty product cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.Find out more