Dog Bite Claims
Dog Bite Compensation Claims
Owning a dog and being around animals is something most of us love. And whilst the majority of our four legged friends have a docile and playful temperament, there are unfortunately occasions when you may come into contact with a dangerous dog.
We understand that dog bites and more serious cases of dog attacks can be a frightening experience for everyone involved. That’s why we will assign your case to a specialist solicitor who will take care of you and your family when they need it most.
Specialists in Dog Bite Claims
We can help with any care needs you require, such as rehabilitation or psychological treatment, supporting you throughout the legal process by explaining developments in plain English. We will take the worry and hassle out of your claim, giving you the time and financial support you and your family need to fully recover.
- Our specialist team of solicitors are here for you and your loved ones to provide expert legal advice.
- We help to take away the worry and hassle out of making a claim, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
- Whatever the outcome of your case, you won’t have to pay a penny (provided that you fully assist us with your claim) other than an agreed percentage of your damages.
The Personal Injury Accreditation covers all work undertaken by solicitors and suitably qualified fellows and members of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx), on behalf of victims and their dependants, who have suffered personal injuries or fatal injuries as a result of an alleged act of negligence or breach of statutory duty.
Making a Dog Bite Claim
After any incident involving a dog attack where you have been bitten by a dog, you should contact the police right away. If you are in any doubt about the severity of the dog bite, you should have it checked by a medical professional. We also recommend you follow the steps below so that we can handle your claim as quickly as possible:
- Take the name and address of the dog’s owner
- Contact any eye witnesses
- Contact your local dog warden
- Find out if the dog has a history of aggressive behaviour
- Take photographs of your injuries and any scarring
Our Dog Bite Experts
How much will my claim cost?
All dog bite cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.Find out more