Accidents in Shops Compensation Claims
Shopping trips are likely to be part of your day to day life or weekly routine. And whilst strolling down the aisles with your basket or trolley, you should always expect to feel safe.
In most cases, a visit to the local supermarket or corner shop doesn’t require a second thought. But if something does go wrong and an accident occurs through no fault of your own, you could make a claim for compensation. Typical accidents in shops or supermarkets are usually caused by:
- Slipping on a substance which should have been cleaned up by a member of staff
- Tripping over packaging or debris left on the shop floor by a member of staff
- Items falling on you as a result of them being unsafely stacked on shelves
- Staff members pushing trolleys or cages into you
- The shop failing to repair holes or defects in the floor which cause you to trip or fall
- Advertising material falling on you
Specialists in Accidents in Shops Claims
Our experts have dealt with thousands of claims against all kinds of accidents in shops, from the largest supermarket to the smallest corner shop. The friendly, caring accident team will be happy to discuss your shop accident claim with you whilst offering down to earth, honest advice.
- Led by Law Society Personal Injury Panel Member Jane Woodcock and Karen Smith, each has over 20 years’ experience of handling cases involving accidents in shops.
- The wider team of personal injury solicitors specialise in accidents in shops.
- We have helped countless families make successful accident in public places claims, achieving compensation for ongoing medical treatment, loss of earnings, any care needs and your injuries.
The Law Society Accreditation is only awarded to solicitors who meet the highest level of management and customer service standards. The schemes promote high standards in legal service provision and ensure that clients are easily able to identify legal practitioners with proven competency in given areas of law giving you added peace of mind when choosing a lawyer.
Making an Accident in a Shop Claim
There’s absolutely no risk involved in inquiring about your position, or your claim, so it pays to speak with an expert. Ultimately, the only time you’ll end up paying for legal costs is if your case is successful – and even then you will only ever pay an agreed percentage of damages as a contribution to costs.
There is a time limit to make a claim, however, so it’s best to act as quickly as possible. Normally you have three years from the date of your treatment or from the date you realised your condition was a result of your treatment. If you were under the age of 18 when you received the treatment, you’ll have three years from your 18th birthday to make a claim.
Our Accidents in Shops Experts
How much will my claim cost?
All accidents in shops cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.Find out more