No win, no fee accidents in public places compensation claims
Be represented by a highly-experienced personal injury lawyer at no upfront cost to you. Under our No Win, No Fee agreement you only pay a pre-agreed percentage of the compensation awarded if your case is successful.
Accidents in public places compensation claims
You should expect safety measures to have been taken to ensure you are looked after in public places, such as when using footpaths, shopping centres, parks and pools.
However, poor conditions could lead to an accident which is not your fault. These may be due to:
- Unrepaired potholes in paths or roads.
- Wobbly paving stones.
- Missing kerbstones.
- Hazards caused by poorly undertaken road works.
- Holes left in footpaths after removal of lamp posts or other fixed features.
- Icy pavements which have not been gritted or salted.
- Poor lighting.
If you’ve had a slip, trip or fall type accident in a public space and would like advice about compensation, our personal injury solicitors are just a phone call away. Please be aware that time limits will apply, so contact us today and we’ll guide you every step of the way.
Accidents in public places specialists
We take all accidents in public spaces seriously, working hard to secure compensation for you and your family.
For many people, an accident claim can be a daunting process, so we’re here to help by offering professional advice and support throughout.
- Our specialist lawyers can help you claim the best possible compensation.
- Our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping with your recovery and gaining access to any rehabilitation or specialist treatment you may need.
- The vast majority of our cases are settled successfully for clients without the need to go to court.
- We are committed to supporting clients on ‘hard to win’ cases many other firms refuse to take on.
Making an accident in a public place claim
Our dedicated team have helped many clients get the compensation they deserve and we will:
- Assess your accident in a public place claim and gather information, contact any witnesses or obtain reports if necessary to help support your claim and build up a case.
- Assess your medical, rehabilitation, or ongoing support needs. We also liaise with the insurer of the responsible party to make sure that any ongoing medical support or rehabilitation is provided as soon as possible.
- Work out your compensation to cover medical costs, ongoing rehabilitation and loss of earnings to give you financial stability now and going forward.
Why claim compensation?
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident in a public place, compensation can help cover the cost of ongoing care and loss of earnings.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers can secure maximum compensation for those injured.
For a free consultation about your claim, get in touch today.
Ensuring you get the personal injury compensation you deserve
Woman who suffered broken jaw when thrown from Hull Fair ride agrees damages settlement with operators
A woman who suffered a broken jaw when thrown off a ride at Hull Fair three years ago has agreed a five-figure damages settlement with the operators. Jade Harrison had to spend four days in hospital and needed metal plates inserting into her face. She has since required psychological support and thousands of pounds worth […]
£80,000 damages for 73-year-old woman who suffered broken shoulder in trip over broken paving stone outside shop
Hudgell Solicitors have secured £80,000 compensation for a 73-year-old woman who suffered a broken shoulder when tripping on a broken and raised paving stone outside a city retail store. The settlement comes as the woman has endured continuing residual problems with her shoulder since the accident in 2020. It has left her struggling to do […]
How to make an accident in public places claim
Make a claim in six easy steps
Free Initial Advice
Call us, request a callback or complete our online claim form and we will assess whether we think you have a claim.
We will help you to decide how best to fund your claim. Usually, we will be able to offer you a No win, No fee agreement.
Letter Of Claim
We will send a letter to your opponent with details of your claim, setting out why we think they are at fault.
Obtain Medical Records & Medical Reports
We will request copies of your medical records and instruct a medical expert to prepare a report about the extent of your injuries.
Prepare Claim Valuation
We will put together a schedule of loss setting out the losses you have incurred and the extent of the injuries you have sustained.
We will send all the evidence to your opponent inviting their settlement proposals. If we cannot agree a reasonable settlement, we will prepare court proceedings.
Our client reviews
We’re always committed to getting the optimum outcome for you.
How much compensation will I get from my personal injury claim?
The amount you can expect to receive in personal injury compensation depends on your specific case details. Factors affecting your compensation can include the nature of your injury or illness, the impact the negligence has on your day to day health, your ability to work and your future health, including any long-term care.
Compensation damages may be awarded for:
- Pain and suffering caused.
- Loss of earnings and future loss of earnings (such as being at a disadvantage in the labour market / loss of employability and reduction in potential earnings.).
- Cost of surgery or medical procedures required after the negligence.
- Adaptions required to your home to help with daily living.
- Costs of occupational therapy requirements, such as aids and appliances to assist with daily needs.
- Costs of current or future care.
- Travel expenses for medical appointments or equipment.
Can I make a personal injury claim on behalf of a child?
Agreed settlements will need to be approved by court, but our expert personal injury solicitors will guide you through this process.
What is the time limit for making a personal injury claim?
If aged 18 and over, you will typically have three years from the date that the accident occurred.
For under-18s, there is no time limit. However, once a child reaches 18, the standard 3 year claim period comes into effect.
Will I need to go to court to claim personal injury compensation?
Personal injury claims rarely need to go to court, and usually only do so in very complex cases.
Meet our accidents in public places claims lawyers
Local lawyers at the heart of your community
Expertise. Trust. Authority
Forklifts are heavy and dangerous pieces of machinery that can cause serious and lasting injuries. In the UK there are around 1,300 forklift truck accidents a year which result in workers needing hospital treatment. These accidents at work can have a massive detrimental impact on the injured person, their family, financial situation, and overall quality […]
Injuries suffered in an accident at work can be life-changing for both the individual and their loved ones, particularly the most serious cases which often occur in workplaces where heavy and powerful machinery is used. Many people worry that seeking compensation from their employer after suffering an injury at work could lead to them being […]
Workplaces can be highly dangerous places, packed with hazards and risks that must be safely navigated. Under UK legislation, both employers and employees have duties to ensure that the workplace remains safe for staff and visitors alike. In this article, we will explore the health and safety six-pack regulations. Discussing each regulation in turn, we […]