You could suffer a personal injury anywhere – if you’ve been injured in an accident that was the fault of others, either on the road, in the workplace, in a public area, or on a private site, you may be entitled to claim compensation. In fact, a personal injury is any physical or psychological injury that has been caused by someone else, leaving you in a difficult situation and impacting your daily life.
The law requires employers and owners or occupiers of premises to take reasonable steps to ensure people’s safety. Not doing it can mean they’re legally liable for any accident or injury that occurs. Should you suffer an injury or illness due to someone else’s negligence, we can help you seek the justice you deserve.
From broken bones to other serious injuries, we know how a personal injury can disrupt your life and have an impact on you, your family and sometimes your future. Claiming compensation can set you on the right path to get your life back on track, so you can receive medical care and rehabilitation and make up for any lost earnings and expenses that you’ve incurred because of your injury.
Our expert personal injury lawyers have successfully helped hundreds of people claim for personal injury compensation. Get in touch for a free, no obligation consultation to find out if we can work with you to get the money you may be entitled to. Or fill out our claim form and we’ll ring you back.
Call for free legal advice today on:
TRUSTSCORE 9.4 | 454 REVIEWS
The Hudgell Promise
When we take on any case, we want you to feel reassured and confident in every aspect of your claim. That’s why we offer a service that puts your needs over and above anything else.
We promise to:
- Schedule our first meeting within 24 hours
- Return your phone call or email the very same day if received before 3pm
- Reply to any letter you send us within 2 days
- Write to you every 4 weeks with any updates or information on your case
What is Personal Injury?
A personal injury could be a physical or psychological injury caused by someone else. If your injury was not your fault and was caused by the negligence of others, then you may be entitled to compensation. Even if the injury isn’t somebody’s direct responsibility, it’s possible to make a claim if there has been negligence, either on the part of an individual or a company.
Personal Injury Claim Types
Common personal injury claim types include:
- Accidents in public places – This can include government-run buildings or council-owned property such as parks and communal areas like high streets. Slips, trips, and falls could be a case for compensation.
- School or college accidents – Schools and colleges can be naturally busy places, but when injuries happen it may be because someone or something was at fault. If this is the case, you may have a claim.
- Accident in shops and supermarkets – Whether because of things like wet floors, faulty doors, or broken shelving, injuries in stores, shopping centres, and supermarkets could be cause for compensation.
- Dog bite claims – Dog owners can be liable if their dog bites you and causes an injury. After seeking medical attention, see if our solicitors can help look into your case.
- Faulty product claims – Paying good money for a broken item is frustrating enough, but if the fault causes an injury, things like cuts and bruises or even electric shock, it’s likely someone is to blame.
- Hairdresser and beauty therapy claims – Burns from massages, allergic reactions to make-up, hair loss following dyeing may all have been due to negligence and you may be entitled to compensation.
- Road traffic accidents (RTAs) – Injuries resulting from accidents on the road are one of the most common types of personal injury claims. Road traffic accident personal injury claims are often for minor injuries such as whiplash, but can also be more complicated.
- Accidents at work – According to figures from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), there are nearly 80,000 reportable accidents at work each year. Accident at work personal injury claims may include seeking compensation for back problems caused as a result of poor manual handling policies, falls from a height, or incidents involving dangerous machinery.
- Holiday claims – With differing legal systems and language barriers, we understand that making a claim for an injury that happened whilst you were away may be daunting. That’s why we have an experienced team that is able to cut through the complex systems of varying countries and have an extensive knowledge of handling claims through holiday tour operators.
Our expertsMEET THE TEAM
Damages case highlights need for sports clubs to ensure all steps are taken to avoid injuries
“We have to accept that we cannot and never will be able to prevent injuries happening in sports such as gymnastics, especially involving young children who may not show the same levels of caution and understanding of danger as adults.”
“However, there are many basic measures which can and must be taken to reduce risk of injury by sports clubs, and a failure to do so is not acceptable.”
Personal Injury Compensation Amounts
The amount of personal injury compensation you’re entitled to will depend on your individual circumstances and will consider the seriousness of your injuries, the impact the accident has had on your life, and the expenses you’ve paid, or will need to pay, as a result of the incident.
If you have a successful personal injury claim, the compensation will consider several factors:
- Your loss of earnings, which can also include overtime and bonus payments.
- Spending and expenses incurred because of your injury, including transport costs and parking.
- Treatment costs.
- Costs of external help, such as carers or physiotherapists.
- The cost of holidays or other expenditures that you have been unable to enjoy because of your injury.
- Things you may have purchased to assist in your recovery.
From relatively minor injuries, such as whiplash claims, to seven-figure compensation amounts for serious accidents, our expert personal injury lawyers have secured settlements for thousands of victims.
Below are a small number of examples of those we have been able to help to gain personal injury compensation and rehabilitation. They include:
Will My Personal Injury Claim Be ‘No Win No Fee’?
We operate on a ‘no win no fee’ basis, so whatever the outcome there are no upfront costs for making a personal injury claim for compensation.
In some cases, you may already have legal expenses insurance to cover any costs. This type of insurance is commonly purchased with car or household insurance.
If your personal injury claim is unsuccessful, there will be absolutely no cost to you, provided you have given us honest and accurate instructions and fully cooperated with us with your claim.
If you are successful, we will limit the amount deducted from your compensation which will be agreed at the onset of the claim, so you’re completely aware of our fees from the beginning.
Personal Injury Compensation: Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Make A Personal Injury Claim?
Either the victim of the accident or someone acting on their behalf can make a personal injury claim. If you or someone you know has suffered in any way, through no fault of their own, get in touch with our expert personal injury solicitors.
We’ll do all we can to take the worry and hassle out of making an accident claim and help you get the compensation you and your family deserve. All claims have a time limit, so get in touch today and we’ll guide you every step of the way.
How Do I Make A Personal Injury Compensation Claim?
Contact a member of our friendly team for a free, no obligation personal injury consultation or fill out a claim form. They will have an initial chat with you about your injuries and the circumstances surrounding the accident.
We’ll go through the details with you and advise the steps you need to take to if we think you have a claim. If we take your case, your lawyer will take the lead on everything and guide you through the process – no need to worry about anything.
- Information we need from you about your accident and injuries
To ensure the solicitor can put your case forward effectively, there will be some information that you must provide. This will vary depending on your circumstances, but generally, they will need to know:
- The date and time of the accident.
- Details of the person or company considered responsible.
- Where the incident occurred.
- What injuries you suffered.
- Any medical advice or treatment you have had since.
- Whether or not it has already been reported to the party at fault.
- Any documentation held in support of the claim e.g. photographs, correspondence, receipts, reports.
Once you have discussed your case and collected all the relevant evidence, your solicitor will formally notify the person or company that is being held responsible for your injury.
The responsible party will then need to respond. If they accept liability (fault), we will also gather evidence from third parties, such as witnesses and independent medical professionals, to help us evaluate the amount of compensation you’re owed.
Your settlement will then be negotiated with the responsible party. In circumstances whereby agreement cannot be reached, court proceedings may be considered.
Once you start a claim, your solicitor will be on hand to guide you through the whole process, from start to finish.
How Long Do I Have To Make A Claim?
You have three years from the date of the injury, or from the date you learned your injury was potentially caused by another party’s negligence. However, if you were under 18 years of age at the time, you have three years from your 18th birthday.
An exception to the rule is where the claimant is a ‘protected party’. This is a person who lacks the mental capacity to make certain decisions for themselves. Where the capacity never returns, there is no time limit for bringing a claim. However, if at some point the claimant regains capacity, there will be a time limit of three years from that date.
Can You Take Over From My Current Solicitors?
Yes, you can. If you, a friend or family member are unhappy with your current solicitor then yes, you or they are entitled to switch to a different solicitor.
We receive calls, on a daily basis, from clients who have an on-going personal injury claim but are unhappy with how their claim is progressing.
Transferring your claim to us is a simple process.
Please do contact us to discuss your case on a no obligation basis. Should you decide that you want us to take over your claim we’ll request your file from your existing injury solicitor. We will assess your file and begin the process of taking it over to resolve your claim as quickly as possible.
Support When Making A Personal Injury Claim
Our expert personal injury solicitors handle and lead very experienced teams in skilfully dealing with all road traffic, workplace, and holiday accidents.
We see all too often how injuries – both minor and serious – can have a massive impact on an individual’s life, and on those around them. It is therefore paramount that everything is put in place to best aid recovery and help cope with the challenges being injured brings.
We will assess your immediate needs and arrange appointments, for example physiotherapy, if necessary.
To help evaluate the amount your claim is worth, and what will be required to support you throughout your recovery, the personal injury team will:
- Gather evidence from third parties, such as witnesses to your accident or injury, as well as independent opinions from medical professionals.
- Help you recover any lost earnings for you or your family, making finances one less thing to worry about.
- Look to claim for your future losses and cover the cost of any support or aids needed within your home.
- Help cover the cost of any treatment, physiotherapy and rehabilitation support you may need to get you back to good health.
Looking to see if you're eligible?
Get in touch for free legal advice
Call today to speak to an expert
What Our Clients Think
Caroline was great in handling my case
"Caroline was great in handling my case, very informative and always kept me up to… "
Dispute with EasyJet
"Although Hudgell offices were not local to us, there was no need for concern, as… "
Always on the ball
"Always on the ball! Great at what they do, very professional and fast with a… "
"Excellent service. Very happy with result. Thank you."
Was an easy process and the caseworker…
"Was an easy process and the caseworker was very informative and very knowledgeable on my… "
Lovely business to deal with
"Lovely business to deal with. Would recommend to anyone."
"Great communication! My solicitor was lovely to deal with, open and listened to me."
Very happy with how they managed my…
"Very happy with how they managed my claim. I would recommend them."
Very helpful and truly understanding in…
"Very helpful and truly understanding in a very sensitive case would highly recommend to anyone"
"Friendly, supportive and professional, couldn't ask for more."
A first class service with a heart too
"I never had claimed before and was quite apprehensive about dealing with claims solicitors as… "
They made me feel that I wouldn’t be on…
"They made me feel that I wouldn’t be on my own after my experience. They… "
The service was excellent and Lauren…
"The service was excellent and Lauren Cartwright kept me well informed and gave good advice… "
"Excellent service, fully recommended. Efficient communication and reliable."
Hudgell took over my road traffic case…
"Hudgell took over my road traffic case from a different solicitors and successfully negotiated a… "
Hudgell Solicitors made my personal…
"Hudgell Solicitors made my personal injury claim so easy, they got me the treatment i… "
I have never used solicitors before
"I have never used solicitors before, my dealings with Hudgell have been excellent I have… "
First Class service
"Hudgell Solicitors are currently working on my case and I must say so far the… "
Always kept me up to date on all…
"Always kept me up to date on all correspondence concerning the case and acknowledged any… "
Rated 9.4 out of 10 based on 454 reviews
55 Fleet Street
No 2 @ The Dock
46 Humber Street
10 Park Place
1 St Peter’s Square
© 2018 Hudgell Solicitors®. All Rights Reserved.
Hudgell Solicitors is a trading name of Neil Hudgell Limited | Director Dr. Neil Hudgell MA LLB (Hons) LLD | Registered in England No. 7078429 | Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority | SRA No. 521372 | VAT Registration No. 254 7802 90