Senior Solicitor, Clinical Negligence and Head of CICA
ExpertisePaul is a senior solicitor and has specialised in personal injury litigation since qualifying as a solicitor in 1998. . Paul specialises in clinical negligence and has successfully concluded cases against hospitals and GPs in a wide variety of claims. Having joined Hudgell Solicitors as a senior solicitor in 2013, he took on the role of Manager of the Criminal Injuries Compensation department in August 2019, overseeing a team that supports hundreds of people across England and Wales in making claims each year to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). Throughout his career Paul has concentrated on high-value, complex, and heavily contested claims.
I am a client focused solicitor and it was for this reason that I was delighted to join Hudgell Solicitors in 2013, given the firm’s reputation for excellent customer care. I like to think I am recognised by my clients for involving them and seeking their input in every aspect of their claim.
I have a wide experience of representing claimants in damages cases, Leading the Criminal Injuries team is a rewarding role as we have a track record at Hudgell Solicitors of securing damages for clients who would struggle to do so if they applied to the CICA alone. We also successfully review and appeal decisions made by the CICA on a daily basis resulting in much better results for our clients.
- Delayed diagnosis of cauda equina syndrome against 2 hospital trusts. Settled for £750,000
- A medication error by a hospital leading to stroke that settled for equivalent of £2.4 million
- A surgical error during ENT procedure leading to bleed on the brain where there had been a failure to consent the patient properly
- Claim against GP where there was a failure to refer to a specialist leading to the delayed diagnosis of bowel cancer.
Career, qualifications and memberships
- Member of The Law Society