Expertise and key strengths
I have been helping victims of clinical negligence, accidents, industrial disease and defective products for over 30 years. My wide range of experience helps me to understand client’s needs quickly.
I am always looking for the best possible outcome for clients whether fighting though the courts or resolving issues by negotiation.
I was a partner in a Leeds city centre firm, heading their personal injury department before spending 10 years running my own specialist personal injury and clinical negligence firm in North Yorkshire.
At Hudgell Solicitors I specialise in clinical negligence and have successfully concluded a number of high value cases involving brain injury, errors in plastic surgery, failures to diagnose correctly, cases involving loss of sight, gastrointestinal injury, cardiac injury, amputation complications, claims involving death, failures to diagnose, psychiatric injury and errors in dental treatment.
My aim is always to support and give an impeccable service to each of my clients and help them to get their lives back on track.
Proudest professional achievement
Helping clients with serious injuries rebuild their lives, by recovering appropriate levels of compensation and arranging rehabilitation.
- Use of a hypotensive anaesthetic technique on a 64 year old man during orthopaedic surgery which led to prolonged low blood pressure causing near total blindness. Agreed 50/50 chances on liability and causation. £190,000 recovered.
- Breast reduction surgery for 49 year old woman that failed disastrously. No warnings of risk of failure were given. £40,000 recovered.
- Failure by a hospital and four GPs to diagnose bilateral haematomas in 45 year old man following an assault causing bilateral optic atrophy, brain injury and depression. Causation remained in dispute. £675,000 recovered.
- Failure by hospital staff to diagnose a developing Cauda Equina Syndrome in a 46 year old Czech man who spoke very limited English. Negligence caused incontinence and loss of sexual sensation. Liability and causation disputed. £200,000 recovered.
- Failure by hospital and GP to control glaucoma medication in 72 year old man resulting in almost total blindness in one eye and severe impairment in the other without possibility of improvement. £150,000 recovered.
Qualifications and professional memberships
- Member of AVMA