Pressure Sores and Bed Sore Compensation
If you or a loved one is admitted to hospital or placed in a care home, you should always expect the highest level of care and treatment.
Thankfully, you will normally receive just that. However, if negligence does occur, pressure sores and bed sores may develop. This can happen if a patient is in the same position for a long period of time, for example someone bedridden or confined to a wheelchair.
All patients should be assessed on admission under the Waterlow System, with a higher score highlighting those with a greater risk of developing pressure sores. For example, elderly patients.
The signs and symptoms of pressure sores and bed sores are:
- reddened areas of skin which feel tender to touch
- areas affected often include heels, ankles, the spine, buttocks or shoulders
- if pressure continues to be applied, sores become more painful and may turn purple
- if sores are left untreated, they could develop into a more serious infection
We are here to help you
Our specialist team of dedicated solicitors can provide expert advice and support, including the following guide on how to grade bed sores and ulcers.
- Grade 1: ulcers can be identified by a dark discolouration of the skin which does not change if light pressure is applied.
- Grade 2: upper layers of the sufferer’s skin are lost or damaged and appear as a blister, scratch or a shallow crater.
- Grade 3: the loss of the sufferer’s skin through to the first layer of underlying tissue, usually resembling a deep crater.
- Grade 4: extensive underlying tissue damage and destruction, known as necrosis. Grade 4 sores should be treated immediately and will usually require surgery to remove.
How to make a claim
95% of both pressure sores and bed sores are easily preventable through appropriate mobility checks. If you or a member of your family has suffered from either condition whilst under the care of the NHS, private healthcare or care home staff, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
All claims have a time limit, so don’t delay. We’ll take the worry and hassle out of making a claim.
For more information, watch our video:
Simply call us on
01482 778 463 for free advice
No win no fee
- personal insurance cover so there’s no financial risk to you in pursuing a claim
- whatever the outcome of your case, you won’t have to pay a penny (provided that you fully assist us with your claim) other than an agreed percentage of your damages
What Our Clients Think
I would recommend this firm to anyone …
"I would recommend this firm to anyone needing a PI solicitor. Excellent professional company that… "
Excellent service throughout
"Excellent service throughout, very friendly, efficient with constant updates on the claim. Good knowledge and… "
"I cant believe Becci Snow is a solicitor. She is pleasant to speak to ,… "
"Excellent firm of solicitors.Would use again and recommend to family and friends."
In overal Im very happy with the level …
"In overal Im very happy with the level of service I have recieved. Not happy… "
Excellent service from Hudgell …
"Excellent service from Hudgell Solicitors, my contact was always approachable, available and clear in communicating… "
omg the help was great that i received …
"omg the help was great that i received had a claim against the hospital my… "
I received a high level of service …
"I received a high level of service throughout my claim and I am satisfied with… "
I can honestly say that Neil Hudgell …
"I can honestly say that Neil Hudgell solicitors have given exemplary service during my case… "
Nicola Downey was very helpful and …
"Nicola Downey was very helpful and would recommend her personally, I would definitely use Hudgell… "
"good service I will definitely recommend to friend and family."
My case is on going
"Good customer service very hard working people especially Victoria Neil who still working on my… "
Effective efficient firm accomplished …
"Effective efficient firm accomplished what they promised we'll within the allotted time frame would use… "
A very professional efficient service.
"A very professional efficient service."
I can honestly Say that it has been a …
"I can honestly Say that it has been a privilege to be represented by a… "
Claim against Met Police
"Apart from when purchasing property, I have virtually no experience of working with solicitors. I… "
"Extremely professional and considerate staff. Helpful every step,and always contactable."
"VERY GOOD SOLICITORS.THANK YOU/I RECOMMEND"
Rated 9.3 out of 10 based on 348 reviews