Pressure Sores and Bed Sore Compensation
If you or a loved one is admitted to hospital or placed in a care home, you should always expect the highest level of care and treatment.
Thankfully, you will normally receive just that. However, if negligence does occur, pressure sores and bed sores may develop. This can happen if a patient is in the same position for a long period of time, for example someone bedridden or confined to a wheelchair.
All patients should be assessed on admission under the Waterlow System, with a higher score highlighting those with a greater risk of developing pressure sores. For example, elderly patients.
The signs and symptoms of pressure sores and bed sores are:
- reddened areas of skin which feel tender to touch
- areas affected often include heels, ankles, the spine, buttocks or shoulders
- if pressure continues to be applied, sores become more painful and may turn purple
- if sores are left untreated, they could develop into a more serious infection
We are here to help you
Our specialist team of dedicated solicitors can provide expert advice and support, including the following guide on how to grade bed sores and ulcers.
- Grade 1: ulcers can be identified by a dark discolouration of the skin which does not change if light pressure is applied.
- Grade 2: upper layers of the sufferer’s skin are lost or damaged and appear as a blister, scratch or a shallow crater.
- Grade 3: the loss of the sufferer’s skin through to the first layer of underlying tissue, usually resembling a deep crater.
- Grade 4: extensive underlying tissue damage and destruction, known as necrosis. Grade 4 sores should be treated immediately and will usually require surgery to remove.
How to make a claim
95% of both pressure sores and bed sores are easily preventable through appropriate mobility checks. If you or a member of your family has suffered from either condition whilst under the care of the NHS, private healthcare or care home staff, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
All claims have a time limit, so don’t delay. We’ll take the worry and hassle out of making a claim.
For more information, watch our video:
Simply call us on
01482 778 463 for free advice
No win no fee
- personal insurance cover so there’s no financial risk to you in pursuing a claim
- whatever the outcome of your case, you won’t have to pay a penny (provided that you fully assist us with your claim) other than an agreed percentage of your damages
What Our Clients Think
I would recommend this company to …
"I would recommend this company to anyone very helpful and quick they kept me up… "
Impeccable service and results
"Impeccable service and results, very informative & helpful, thank you for everything!"
Professional and helpful service
"Found the service and advice from my contact at Hudgell to be very professional and… "
1st class service …
"I can not fault them kepted me up to date with what was going on… "
Thank you very much for your help with …
"Thank you very much for your help with sorting my case against London Police. Very… "
I found Hudgell Solicitors to be absolutel professionals
"I found Hudgell Solicitors to be professional from start to finish, helpful, approachable and honest… "
genuine caring company honest and …
"genuine caring company honest and sincere I would recommend them highly"
Very happy with the fast service I have …
"Very happy with the fast service I have received would 100% recommend and use again"
i must say they have handled my case
"i must say they have handled my case, amazingly well!!!. i would very much recommend… "
After starting my case with rapid …
"After starting my case with rapid solicitors, Hudgell took over the company, there was minimal… "
My claim looked like it was going to be …
"My claim looked like it was going to be dragged out and the other party… "
Great from start to finish.
"Great from start to finish. The staff are Very friendly professional and helpful and kept… "
We have recently used Hudgell …for a negligence claim
"We have recently used Hudgell Solicitors for a negligence claim.The way that dealt with a… "
Extremely professional and efficient
"Extremely professional and efficient. Every effort was made to guide us through the process and… "
Good result although process was a …
"Good result although process was a little long winded considering the other party was totally… "
Ihad the need to use a solicitor i had …
"Ihad the need to use a solicitor i had never heard of HUDGELL SOLICITORS at… "
I am satisfied,profesional service ,I …
"I am satisfied,profesional service ,I recommend to everyone."
Very good polite and fast service
"Very good polite and fast service"
Hudgell's did a good job
"Nasreen did a good job and Hudgell's were great throughout"
Rated 9.2 out of 10 based on 313 reviews