Prescription Errors Compensation Claims
If you are feeling unwell, a visit to your local GP, doctors surgery or hospital followed by a medicine prescription should get you back to full health quickly and simply. You should always expect to receive the highest level of care, and thankfully, our healthcare system usually delivers just that. However, if something does go wrong, we can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Doctors have a duty to ensure that the medication and the dosage prescribed is correct per patient, they must also ensure that it won’t interfere with any pre-existing medical conditions. If a pharmacist, doctor or other medical professional is negligent or otherwise breaches the duty of care they owe to you, and you are injured as a result, you may be able to make a claim for clinical negligence.
We have a highly effective and proven system in place to deal with cases relating to prescription errors and medical negligence. We can:
- access medical reports quickly
- ascertain the severity of the error
- keep you updated and advised without the use of medical jargon
- deliver maximum compensation settlements smoothly
Specialists in Prescription Error
Hudgell Solicitors has one of the UK’s leading medical negligence compensation claims teams, led by specialists with decades of experience in handling high-value, complex cases to support those with serious and life-changing injuries. We know that, beyond compensation, you’ll want to know why things went wrong and we’ll help you get the apology and answers you deserve along with the compensation you need to make the best recovery possible.
- Led by Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel members Amanda Stevens and Chris Moore.
- Over 40 years combined experience of handling cases involving serious injuries gained through negligence.
- Specialists in rehabilitation for patients with birth injuries, orthapaedic injuries, GP or hospital negligence and misdiagnosis.
- Leaders in securing compensation settlements and helping clients make the best possible recovery.
- Experienced medical negligence solicitors will take the time to understand what you’re going through.
We subscribe as members to AvMA who are an organisation that offer free advice and information to those affected by medical accidents and malpractice, helping to support victims and families in cases of serious clinical negligence. Working closely with the NHS, the government and private health trusts, the AvMA endeavours to improve patient safety across the healthcare sector.
Prescription Error Compensation Claims
If you believe you have been prescribed medication incorrectly by a healthcare professional, we will provide expert legal advice and support for you and your loved ones.
Our medical negligence solicitors will listen to the details of your case and provide an immediate assessment, without the use of medical jargon.
- incorrect medication being given
- incorrect dosages being prescribed
- medication being prescribed for too long a period
- patients given someone else’s medication whilst in hospital
- two or more conflicting medicines taken together which should not be
- medication supplied to a patient who is allergic to it
Our Prescription Error Experts
"Mistakes in hospitals are collective – not individual – so Trusts must act to improve procedures and better support dedicated staff"Read Full Story
"Death toll from NHS medication errors is completely unacceptable – but sadly not a surprise"Read Full Story
"Prescription errors – how often do you question the medication you are being given?"Read Full Story
How much will my claim cost?
All prescription error cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.Find out more