Optician negligence compensation
For many, visiting an optician is part of your regular routine. For some, a more rare occasion. Either way, you should trust your optician to provide the correct and appropriate care, ensuring your eyesight remains the best it can be.
Thankfully, there are thousands of opticians around the country, all offering excellent services to bring clarity back to your vision.
We are here to help you
If something does go wrong, you may be entitled to compensation. Our specialist team have handled a variety of optician negligence claims, from incorrect spectacle prescription errors to misdiagnosis of conditions such as glaucoma or cataracts.
Examples of negligent treatment from an optician may include:
- failure to diagnose eye problems
- misdiagnosis of eye problems which lead to incorrect or improper treatment
- delayed referrals for further treatment
- laser eye surgery (LASIK or LASEK) gone wrong
How to make a claim
Whilst the majority of corrective eye surgery is routine and will get you the results you hope for, some clinics do not ensure that the surgery is delivered by fully qualified ophthalmic surgeons.
If you or a loved one has experienced poor treatment from an optician, or undergone laser eye surgery you are not happy with, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
All claims have a time limit, so don’t delay. We’ll take the worry and hassle out of making a claim.
For more information, please watch our medical negligence video:
Simply call us on
01482 778 463 for free advice
No win no fee
- personal insurance cover so there’s no financial risk to you in pursuing a claim
- whatever the outcome of your case, you won’t have to pay a penny (provided that you fully assist us with your claim) other than an agreed percentage of your damages