Misdiagnosis and Delayed Diagnosis Compensation Claims
Medical misdiagnosis is a type of clinical negligence which can happen, sometimes with life-changing consequences. We understand that your misdiagnosis claim needs to be handled with sensitivity and sympathy at every stage, which is why we will guide you through the whole process to ensure that you get the level of support and compensation that you deserve.
Our dedicated legal experts specialise in misdiagnosis claims, so if you or a family member have suffered as a result of negligence, we will:
- discuss your experience and possible options available to you
- make the process of claiming for compensation straight forward
- evaluate the impact that misdiagnosis has had on your life
Our Misdiagnosis and Delayed Diagnosis Experts
Making a Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis Claim
If you or a member of your family have suffered as a result of medical misdiagnosis, we can make the process of claiming for compensation straight forward so that you don’t have to worry about the implications of pursuing legal action.
Our legal experts understand that in some cases, medical misdiagnosis has an impact on your ability to work and so you may be concerned about the financial cost of making a claim – this is why we offer a free no obligation consultation which allows you to discuss your experience and possible options available to you.
How much will my claim cost?
All misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.Find out more
The Hudgell Promise
When we take on any case, we want you to feel reassured and confident in every aspect of your claim. That’s why we offer a service that puts your needs over and above anything else.
Rise to prominence continues as Hudgell Solicitors hailed one of UK’s Top 200 law firms by The Times
- If you have suffered from a wrongful diagnosis then you may be able to make a claim for compensation, a lot will depend on the ability to prove that it was due to medical negligence and that this has led to further suffering and financial hardship as a result.
- Below are some examples of claims that we have successfully dealt with:
- Misdiagnosis claims are a form of clinical negligence, which usually incorporates two main areas:
- Medically misdiagnosed: This is where an incorrect diagnosis has been made, such as someone being told they are suffering from cancer when they are not.
- Undiagnosed: This is where a condition goes completely undetected. A patient may have made repeat visits to their GP over a period of time, but the GP fails to diagnose any illness.
- If you believe you or a member of your family has received poor treatment through wrongful diagnosis or late diagnosis, please get in touch as soon as possible as time limits may apply.
- We will take the worry and hassle out of making a claim by following our misdiagnosis claims process:
- Starting from the date when your injury occurs – or the day when you are first aware the injury was a result of negligence – you usually have three years to make a misdiagnosis claim, as is the case with most medical negligence claims. When a child is involved, the three-year period begins on their 18th birthday and you have until they are 21 to make a claim. In cases where a fatality occurs, the time limit starts the day the victim passes away.
- When it comes to misdiagnosis cases and medical negligence claims, it’s always important to see the person behind the case and understand the impact it has had on their life, both in the short and long term.
- Sometimes the effect of medical misdiagnosis can impact upon a person, their family and loved ones for years after the event. It’s our job to understand how misdiagnosis has affected someone and secure the most suitable compensation package possible.
- Having successfully conducted cases involving severe injury and death as a result of misdiagnosis, we are experienced in all aspects of this field. Our in-depth knowledge also extends to failed diagnosis cases or cases where drugs have been miss-prescribed. We have also dealt with incidents where failing to treat in a timely manner has resulted in unnecessary complications.
Hudgell Solicitors has one of the UK’s leading medical negligence compensation claims teams, led by specialists with decades of experience in handling high-value, complex cases to support those with serious and life-changing injuries. We know that, beyond compensation, you’ll want to know why things went wrong and we’ll help you get the apology and answers you deserve along with the compensation you need to make the best recovery possible.
- Led by Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel members Amanda Stevens and Chris Moore.
- Over 40 years combined experience of handling cases involving serious injuries gained through negligence.
- Specialists in rehabilitation for patients with birth injuries, orthapaedic injuries, GP or hospital negligence and misdiagnosis.
- Leaders in securing compensation settlements and helping clients make the best possible recovery.
- Experienced medical negligence solicitors will take the time to understand what you’re going through.