Hospital Negligence Compensation Claims
If you or a loved one has suffered ill-treatment or poor care during a visit to the hospital, you may be eligible to claim hospital negligence compensation — helping to cover the cost of ongoing care, remedial treatment and loss of earnings.
We believe everyone has the right to the highest standard of care when visiting the hospital, regardless of whether their treatment is provided on the NHS or through a private practice. Our experienced hospital negligence solicitors hold hospital trusts to account for failings in patient care, securing maximum compensation for those let down by their healthcare practitioner when receiving treatment for illness or injury in hospital.
If you’ve been the victim of hospital negligence and wish to make a no win no fee claim, our expert team is here for you. For a free consultation about your claim, get in touch today.
How do I make a hospital negligence claim?
From surgical error to the poor monitoring of a patient’s health, there are many circumstances that can mean you’re eligible to claim hospital negligence compensation — and making your claim with us couldn’t be simpler.
We understand that making a claim for cancer misdiagnosis can be an emotional time, so if you or someone you know has suffered in any way, through no fault of their own, please get in touch. We handle all cases with sensitivity and respect, putting your best interests at the forefront of everything we do.
Our team of specialists will advise you on all aspects of making a medical negligence compensation claim, dealing with all matters on a no win no fee basis. This means there is no financial risk at all to contacting our team and benefiting from years of expertise and knowledge.
Hospital Negligence Specialists
We take all hospital negligence claims seriously, working hard to secure compensation for you and your family. For many people, making a negligence claim against a hospital can be a daunting process, so we’re here to help by offering professional advice and support throughout your claim on a no win no fee basis.
- Our hospital negligence specialists can help you claim the best possible compensation following negligent hospital care.
- Our lawyers are dedicated to helping with your recovery and gaining access to any rehabilitation or specialist treatment you might need.
- Led by Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel members Chris Moore and senior solicitor Vince Shore.
- Specialists in rehabilitation for patients with birth injuries, orthapaedic injuries, GP or hospital negligence and misdiagnosis.
Our Hospital Negligence Experts
Making a hospital negligence claim
If you’ve received substandard care in hospital, you may be considering making a claim for hospital negligence. Compensation can cover the cost of ongoing remedial treatment and loss of earnings, so you can get your life back on track. But how do you make a negligence claim against a hospital, and what can you claim for?
To help you decide whether to take legal action against a hospital following medical negligence, we’ve compiled a list of questions we’re commonly asked about hospital claims. With answers to a range of queries relating to hospital complaints, you can make sure that making a claim is the right course of action for you.
We’ve helped thousands of people claim compensation for hospital negligence, working on cases of surgical error, birth negligence, orthopaedic injuries, misdiagnosis and accident and emergency claims. To find out if you’re eligible to make a claim, call our expert team today.
How much will my claim cost?
There are many ways you can fund your case. At Hudgell Solicitors, we are committed to fighting for the people who need us the most, not those who can pay the most.
We’re open and upfront about our charges, so you know what to expect and you don’t get any nasty surprises. The best funding option for you will depend on the nature of your case and your personal circumstances.
Many of the cases we handle are funded by ‘No Win No Fee’ agreements. We always consider other funding options too but frequently this is the best option.Find out more
"Patient awarded £950,000 damages after hospital failed to prescribe medication which would have prevented life-changing stroke"Read Full Story
"Woman awarded £40,000 damages after being left needing more surgery following ‘substandard’ hip operation"Read Full Story
"Hospital Trust agrees damages after nurses wrongly advised mum to remove son’s bandages a day after ear correction surgery, causing it to fail"Read Full Story
- Hospital negligence claims differ from patient to patient, and there’s many circumstances under which a person may be entitled to compensation after receiving negligent or substandard hospital care.
- We’ve helped thousands of people claim compensation for hospital negligence, working on a variety of cases, including:
- It doesn’t matter if you were treated through the NHS or a private medical practice; if you’ve suffered negligent medical care which has aggravated your symptoms or caused unnecessary suffering, our experts can help you claim compensation from NHS trusts, private hospitals and individual healthcare professionals liable for your negligent treatment.
- If you make a claim against an NHS hospital on grounds of medical negligence, and your claim is successful, the compensation you receive will be paid by insurance taken out by the health authority in question.
- This process differs when claiming against a private hospital. That’s because doctors and medical staff within independent health trusts are often self-employed, meaning that any compensation you receive will be paid by their individual insurer — not through the hospital. If, however, the negligent treatment took place when an employee was working on behalf of the hospital, the hospital’s insurance would be liable to cover the damages owed.
- Our expert hospital negligence solicitors can help guide you through the claims process, maximising your chances of securing compensation from the accountable party.
- If you’ve contracted a serious infection during a recent stay in hospital, which could have been avoided, our solicitors may be able to help you claim compensation.
- Serious infections like MRSA and C.difficile pose a serious threat to health, so all hospital staff must adhere to stringent hygiene controls in order to minimise the risk of passing such conditions on to inpatients.
- There are several instances in which you may be eligible to claim compensation for a hospital-acquired infection, including when medical staff have failed to screen patients for bacteria before they’re admitted to hospital. Compensation may also be awarded when there’s been a delay in recognising the signs and symptoms of contraction, or when an infection has been mismanaged and poorly treated following diagnosis.
- If you or a loved one has contracted a serious infection in hospital, and can show that this may have been caused by negligence on behalf of medical staff, contact our hospital complaints team today for a free consultation about the circumstances of your claim.
- A&E departments are an essential service thousands rely on for emergency healthcare, and in the majority of cases, staff are able to deal with illnesses and injuries quickly and effectively. However, given the fast-paced nature of the accident and emergency room, things can go wrong, putting patient care and the quality of treatment at risk.
- If you’ve recently received negligent or substandard treatment during a visit to an A&E department, our hospital negligence solicitors can help you claim compensation to cover the cost of remedial treatment, long-term healthcare provision and loss of earnings. Challenging A&E departments and individual medical practitioners on your behalf, we’re able to offer legal when A&E staff fail to:
- Correctly diagnose an injury or illness
- Provide an accurate and timely referral for ongoing tests or treatment
- Treat the patient in a timely manner
- Offer a thorough and accurate examination