Cancer Misdiagnosis Compensation Claims
Cancer misdiagnosis or late diagnosis can have a huge impact on your health and wellbeing and could result in your symptoms worsening, making an already distressing situation even more difficult to cope with.
Our dedicated team of cancer claim specialists understand how to deal with your case. We have experience in a range of different cancer claims, including late diagnosis and misdiagnosis of lung cancer, colon cancer, liver cancer, stomach cancer, prostate cancer, and breast cancer.
If you believe clinical negligence has resulted in cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, you could be entitled to claim compensation.
Our Cancer Misdiagnosis Experts
Making a Cancer Misdiagnosis Claim
If you believe you or a member of your family has been subjected to medical negligence with regards to cancer misdiagnosis or late diagnosis, we recommend that you speak to one of our cancer compensation claims solicitors as soon as possible.
You may be entitled to compensation that can help towards your treatment and recovery, as well as reimbursing you for the physical and psychological trauma you and your family have suffered because of your late diagnosis or cancer misdiagnosis.
How much will my claim cost?
All cancer negligence cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.Find out more
The Hudgell Promise
When we take on any case, we want you to feel reassured and confident in every aspect of your claim. That’s why we offer a service that puts your needs over and above anything else.
"Breast Cancer Awareness Month: How a 10-month delay in diagnosis cost young woman the chance of survival"Read Full Story
"‘Delays in diagnosing my cancer left it untreatable.’"Read Full Story
"Tests revealed dad had abnormal growth – but first he knew was three years later when told he had terminal bowel cancer"Read Full Story
Rise to prominence continues as Hudgell Solicitors hailed one of UK’s Top 200 law firms by The Times
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you believe you or a member of your family has received poor medical treatment with regards to cancer, you may be able to make a cancer misdiagnosis compensation claim. As a first step, our cancer claims solicitors are available to discuss your particular situation and the time limits that may apply.
- We’ll conduct a free, confidential, no obligation consultation and listen to your circumstances. If we believe you have grounds to claim compensation, we’ll work with you to get the result you deserve.
- This may involve working with independent medical professionals to understand the severity and impact that the misdiagnosis or late cancer diagnosis has had upon your health and your wellbeing.
- We’ll contact those involved in your treatment to negotiate a settlement, and if they refuse to accept responsibility we can start court proceedings, helping you through the process every step of the way.
- Because there are so many different types of cancer, we have vast experience of securing cancer misdiagnosis compensation for delayed diagnosis in all the following areas:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Bowel cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer (Melanoma)
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Fibroadenoma cancer
- Mesothelioma cancer
- Lymphoma (cancer of the lymph)
- Cancer claims generally fall into two categories: misdiagnosis and late diagnosis:
Cancer misdiagnosis cases
- Cancer misdiagnosis occurs when a healthcare professional or team of professionals make a mistake, resulting in your illness being incorrectly diagnosed and perhaps therefore incorrectly treated. Some examples of medical negligence errors we have seen concerning cancer misdiagnosis include:
Late cancer diagnosis claims
- Cancer develops in various stages, and doctors and healthcare professionals may miss its onset or even make a cancer misdiagnosis. This can mean the cancer reaches a more advanced stage which may drastically increase its severity and the possible outcomes.
- In some cases, a late cancer diagnosis will not make a big difference. However, there are instances where the impact can be extremely serious or even fatal.
- Advances in medical science mean many cancers are now treatable, and an accurate diagnosis has a major bearing on a sufferer’s road to recovery. Early detection of cancer can impact chances of survival, and therefore a late diagnosis or misdiagnosis can affect whether a patient’s condition will worsen and, possibly, become incurable.
- Mistakes can also sometimes be made when patients are misdiagnosed as having cancer or be told they are terminally ill when in fact that is not true, which can have a serious psychological impact. In some cases, patients have unnecessarily had breast tissue removed, having been wrongly diagnosed with breast cancer.
- If this has happened to you or someone you know, call us today and speak to our cancer misdiagnosis claims team. We will listen to your story and help you understand whether you’re eligible to claim compensation, as well as work with you to ensure you get the justice you deserve.
- Dealing with cancer and its effects is one of the most difficult times in life. It also impacts on the lives of our loved ones, so it is important to know that the health professionals in charge of administering care are doing everything possible to aid recovery.
- Unfortunately, we have dealt with a lot of clients where unnecessary delays or an incorrect cancer diagnosis has caused pain, fear, and suffering which could have been avoidable.
- If you, or someone you know, has cancer and a delayed diagnosis or mistake by doctors have led to further complications, you may be able to make a cancer compensation claim.
- Our compassionate team of cancer misdiagnosis lawyers and specialists will take care of every aspect of your claim, handling it with sensitivity and always putting the needs of you and your loved ones at the centre of everything we do.
- The amount of compensation you may be entitled to depends on your individual circumstances and how seriously the misdiagnosis, or late diagnosis, has impacted your health and overall quality of life.
- Compensation can cover any expenses you’ve incurred because of the medical negligence, such as hospital bills, transports costs, and rehabilitation fees, along with loss of earnings and any future expenses that have arisen due to the medical negligence.
- Depending on the severity of your situation, you may also claim for compensation that reflects the pain and suffering you and your family have experienced (and may continue to experience) because of the misdiagnosis or late cancer diagnosis.
- Our expert cancer claims solicitors will be able to give you a better idea of what you may be entitled to, based on your story and similar cases they’ve seen.
Specialists in Cancer Misdiagnosis
Our approach is focused on you and your family. We will assign a dedicated cancer claim specialist to your case who will be on hand to provide legal advice and guidance when you and your loved ones need it most. While no amount of money can make up for such serious medical negligence, claiming compensation could help you and your family to move forward in the best possible way.
- Recommended & trusted national medical negligence solicitors specialising in complex cancer compensation.
- Our specialist cancer claims lawyers can support you at this difficult time, and gain access to the best legal advice.
- We have a team of medial negligence lawyers have many years’ experience of helping clients and their families through the legal process,
- Our expert lawyers will approach your case with understanding and sensitivity, seeking answers from those responsible.
- We provide access cancer specialists and organise help from rehabilitation experts to help you make the best recovery possible.