At Hudgell Solicitors we fully understand that receiving a significant amount of money as a result of a damages claim can be an overwhelming experience.
The damages you receive have been considered, calculated and awarded as it has been agreed that it is a fair amount to compensate you for your suffering and loss.
In cases of life-long illness and injury, damages are often awarded to cover loss of regular future income if you have been left unable to continue in your work, and to cover future treatment, care and accommodation needs.
These often become more costly the older you get.
With that in mind, it is common for our clients to ask many questions, such as how long their settlement will last them, is it enough, how much can they spend and is there enough money to be able to afford any spending on holidays or other personal items or will it all be used up on care costs for example. Also crucially, how best can they manage these funds?
Financial Planning Specialists
Being awarded a significant amount of damages should not be a new worry on your mind, especially after going through difficult times due to your injury. That is why we at Hudgells have set up a venture with Frenkel Topping through Hudgells Financial Management Services Limited.
- The aim is to offer industry leading independent financial advice and support – starting with a free, no obligation ‘Life after settlement’ consultation.
- We feel is it our responsibility to help you adapt to your new financial situation as smoothly as possible and feel confident about your future.
- Frenkel Topping, specialist financial advisors, have more than 30 years’ experience of doing for recipients of clinical negligence and personal injury damages.
As specialists in working with vulnerable individuals (including those who have received sudden wealth due to accident, illness or negligence and those under the Court of Protection) we understand the challenges and frustrations that can come with protecting your financial assets.
Issues covered and planned for can include:
- Protecting and maximising your future benefits entitlements
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Cash Flow Modelling
- Low-risk investment opportunities
- Property ownership
Through Hudgells Financial Management Services Limited, we can offer proven, expert advice, forged from working with individuals, like you, who need to ensure the settlements they receive meet their specific future care and wellbeing needs.
If you would like to arrange a free, no obligation, ‘Life after Settlement’ consultation with a specialist financial advisor, call our team today for further details.