Team Leader – New Claims Unit
Purpose of the role
Ensuring the smooth running of the New Claims Unit guaranteeing that every customer receives excellent client care that is second to none throughout the new claims process.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supervise and coach a team of representatives to reach and maintain a high standard of performance and service quality.
- Ensure team members are achieving desired service levels and taking corrective action, as needed.
- Ensure consistently sufficient internal telephone service levels in new claims.
- Review and analyse processes and practices making suggestions for improvements.
- Analyse data, including call data, providing reports and suggestions on how to improve processes.
- Ensure resources are properly allocated to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Assist the Customer Experience and Onboarding Manager in identifying trends and establishing goals.
- Support the new claim’s team to set and reach their objectives in line with the business strategy.
- Have regular 1-2-1s with the team to discuss any day-to-day issues and provide support, as necessary.
- Support the team with troubleshooting techniques to self-review and improve their own skills and performance.
- Be available and responsive to the team to provide support, answer queries and assist with diffusing customers and handling difficult situations as and when required.
- Authorise various tasks for the team in line with supervision requirements.
- Identify people issues, taking advice from your manager and/ or HR for how to address them.
- Manage any third-party relationships as and when required.
- Resource plan effectively to plan and manage holidays.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills with the view that the client comes at the heart of everything you and your team do.
- Good problem-solving, verbal, and written communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Capability to quickly obtain comprehensive knowledge of company policies, procedures, and offerings.
- Able to observe a team, be detail-oriented and identify key areas of improvement. Being accountable and responsible for performance and that the desired business outcomes are being achieved.
- High level organisation skills and numerical ability to collate and analyse data and translate it to practical process improvements.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure, especially during peak hours or intense situations.
- Coaching and leadership skills, with the ability to create a culture that supports success and motivate employees to achieve required targets.
- Decisiveness and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with the necessary technology, including computers, software applications, phone systems, etc.
- Polite, professional phone manner.