Solicitor – Serious Injury
We are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, civil liberties, criminal injuries, and international travel litigation.
We have prestigious offices in Manchester and Hull. Employees can benefit from our hybrid remote/office based working model.
We are seeking a qualified Solicitor with up to 4-6 years PQE to join our dynamic team.
You will work alongside an Associate Solicitor supporting with all aspects of running a case from initial interview of client to trial, with an understanding of the issues involved in dealing with multi-track cases, such as costs and the litigation process. You will have experience of running or assisting on a varied multi-track large loss and catastrophic injury caseload.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be commercially aware.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision when required.
- Work as part of an existing team.
- Have strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Have the ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike
- Have a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment.
- Have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Be highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile.
- Attend business development and networking events.
- Be respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this.
- Be IT literate, including knowledge of using case management software, ideally Proclaim.
- Demonstrate high client care/service skills.
- Have experience of working on publicly funded cases and making applications to the LAA.
- Have experience of working on CFA cases.
- Have practical experience of the CPR, issuing claims and litigating cases.