About Hudgell Solicitors
We are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries and international travel.
We have offices in London, Leeds, Manchester and Hull.
We are expanding our Civil Liberties Department in the Hull office and seek a Solicitor/Legal Executive to join the team. The candidate will undertake a mixed caseload of complaints and civil claims against the police and other public authorities, judicial reviews, inquests/inquiries and miscarriages of justice.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be commercially aware.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision when required.
- Work as part of an existing team.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- The ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike.
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile.
- Attending business development and networking events.
- To be respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude.
- To be keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this.
- Be IT literate, including knowledge of using case management software, ideally Proclaim.
- Demonstrate high client care/service skills.
- Experience working on publicly funded cases and making applications to the LAA.
- Experience of working on CFA cases.
- Practical experience of the CPR, issuing claims and litigating cases.
To apply please send your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 15 February 2019.
Salary: Dependent on experience