About Hudgell Solicitors
We are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries and international travel.
We have offices in London, Leeds, Manchester and Hull.
Our Civil Liberties Department are seeking an experienced Civil Liberties/Human Rights Solicitor/Legal Executive to join the team. The candidate will undertake a mixed caseload of complaints and civil claims against the police and other public authorities, judicial reviews, inquests/inquiries and miscarriages of justice.
If based in our Leeds office the successful candidate will be required to work in our Hull office one day per week.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be commercially aware.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision when required.
- Work as part of an existing team.
- Have strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Have the ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike.
- Have a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment.
- Have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Be highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile.
- Attend business development and networking events.
- Be respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be prepared to travel between our four offices.
- Be keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this.
- Be IT literate, including knowledge of using case management software, ideally Proclaim.
- Demonstrate high client care/service skills.
- Have experience working on publicly funded cases and making applications to the LAA.
- Have experience of working on CFA cases.
- Have practical experience of the CPR, issuing claims and litigating cases.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, in confidence, to email@example.com
Based in Leeds or Hull
Salary dependent on experience