Solicitor, Clinical Negligence
You will deal with all aspects of running a case from initial interview of client to trial, with an understanding of the issues involved in dealing with multi-track cases, such as costs and the litigation process. You will have experience of running a varied multi-track clinical negligence caseload.
Ideal candidates will:
• Be commercially aware.
• Be able to work with minimal supervision when required.
• Work as part of an existing team.
• Have strong negotiation and communication skills.
• Have the ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike.
• Have a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment.
• Have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Be highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile.
• Attend business development and networking events.
• Be respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude.
• Be keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this.
• Be IT literate, including knowledge of using case management software, ideally Proclaim.
• Demonstrate high client care/service skills.
• Have experience of working on publicly funded cases and making applications to the LAA.
• Have experience of working on CFA cases.
• Have practical experience of the CPR, issuing claims and litigating cases.