Solicitor, Civil Litigation
We are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries and international travel.
We have offices in London, Manchester and Hull. This position will be based in our prestigious Hull office in the city centre.
We provide a positive working environment for our team and offer the opportunity and flexibility of working from home days.
We are currently seeking a qualified civil litigation solicitor with at least four years PQE to join our friendly and dynamic team of specialists.
You will deal with a variety of cases, majority which will be litigated. You will deal with all aspects of running a case from initial interview of client to trial, with an understanding of the issues involved in dealing with multi-track cases, such as costs and the litigation process. You will have experience of running a varied multi-track caseload.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be commercially aware.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision when required.
- Work as part of an existing team.
- Have strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Have the ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike.
- Have a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment.
- Have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Be highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile.
- Attend business development and networking events.
- Be respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this.
- Be IT literate, including knowledge of using case management software, ideally Proclaim.
- Demonstrate high client care/service skills.
- Have experience of working on CFA cases.
- Have practical experience of the CPR, issuing claims and litigating cases.