We’re looking for a creative, out-of-the-box thinker with excellent writing and research skills who is confident in the creation of engaging content for use across multiple digital marketing channels.
As a key member of the marketing team, your focus will be on writing and editing copy for our varied service base across our legal teams including, onsite content to optimise our lead generation website, and offsite to maximise visibility through link acquisition.
You will be able to clearly interpret a copy brief and research the business to truly understand our DNA; writing concise, clear and well structured content to support our digital marketing campaigns, SEO focused run of site content, blog posts, outreach articles, press releases and advertorials. You will also enjoy scripting and story boarding for video content and rich media campaigns.
This role interfaces heavily with our creatives and digital marketing experts focused on delivering positive outcomes against our commercial objectives which is how you will be appraised quarterly.
You will be a self-starter and able to work to an agreed plan of work. Our working policy is flexible allowing you a mix of office based and homebased working.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong research skills
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills across multiple live projects
- Good communicator, team player
- You have an ability to come up with ideas that you’re confident sharing with the wider team
- For onsite work you will be able to work within SEO best practices and have a drive to apply this on a practical level and learn about emerging techniques.
- Degree level experience in English, Media Studies or complimentary subjects.
- Strong desire to learn and progress with an agile team with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry trends.
- Ability to consider keyword density and prominence, tone, style, and readability to organically elevate a website’s placement in a search engine results.
- Working knowledge of SERP monitoring tools and an ability to identify issues and quick wins.
- Passion and ability for developing ‘offsite’ relationships to maximise the Hudgell brand amongst key influencers and ambassadors.
- Ability to balance SEO content with brand essence in all content we produce.
- Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS platforms as you will be required to upload content and build new pages. Training will be provided.
- Knowledge of the legal sector desirable.