A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Receptionist/Administrator to join Hudgells whose recent successes have included being ranked as a Times Top 200 Law Firm and being awarded ‘Top Tier Firm’ status in the latest Legal 500 guide, which said the firm’s Yorkshire-based teams have ‘much skill and experience, particularly in the senior roles’ and ‘show unparalleled client care’.
We are looking for a Receptionist/Administrator to join our existing team in our prestigious offices in Hull city centre, preferably with experience within a similar role in the legal sector. This position is part time, with working days being Monday – Wednesday.
We pride ourselves on our client care and consistently achieve a score of 4.8 out of 5 on Trust Pilot. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We say “we see the person not just the claim “ and this is core to what we do and nowhere more than in the “front of house” roles of initial new claims handling.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Processing and distribution of all incoming telephone calls, including the logging of calls and the conveying of messages.
- Greeting all clients and other visitors to the office in a helpful, friendly and professional manner whilst projecting the image and ethos of the company.
- Batching incoming post onto Proclaim (our case management system).
- Opening and distributing incoming mail.
- Tracing post / invoice references.
- Arranging couriers for large or urgent post items.
- Monitoring and dealing with retained post.
- Sorting of outgoing cheques and letters for posting.
- Folding and franking post.
- Logging and recording of special deliveries.
- Training day duties which includes the booking of rooms and preparation of the rooms along with ensuring all relevant equipment is available and provision of refreshments when requested.
- Booking and maintaining the interview and training rooms.
- Ensuring the reception area and all meeting rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Assisting colleagues as and when required.
- Sorting, scanning and distributing of post.
- Preparing outgoing post.
- The provision of telephone support to managers and other staff members as required.
- Administration of the facsimile machine.
- Undertaking other clerical and administrative duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Providing copying support.
- Ordering and maintaining stationery supplies.
- Upholding our Company Mission and Values.
- Friendly, welcoming and open disposition.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness.
- Ability to deliver excellent client care.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.