The Office Junior undertakes a number of general office administration and reception duties. You are expected to work closely with the Receptionist and Office Manager to help maintain a smooth and efficient office. The Office Junior is proactive in their work habits and shows high interest and engagement in all tasks delegated to them by solicitors.
GENERAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Opening, sorting and date stamping incoming mail
- Distributing mail after being checked by the office administrator.
- Clearing the office mail trays and taking to reception for posting.
- Deliveries during the day to other solicitors, companies, court etc as required
- Photocopying, scanning and binding as required
- Collation of materials for solicitors including making up ring binders
- Liaising with IT as to setting up offices with equipment
- Any other duties as requested from time to time
- Checking, stocktaking and ordering stationery weekly
- Checking and stocktaking kitchen supplies including milk, tea, coffee etc.
- Keeping kitchen tidy including filling/emptying dishwasher and ensuring fridge contents are fresh
- Topping up printers and photocopiers with paper throughout the day
- Ordering toners and cartridges for printers and photocopiers and arranging pick up of recycling containers
Reception cover (as required)
- Answering phone and forwarding all messages
- Greeting clients and advising staff of their arrival
- Managing meeting room bookings
- Arranging tea and coffee for meetings
- Checking meeting rooms are tidy after use
KEY PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and proficient in IT
- Has knowledge or experience with standard work routines which have involved the use of simple office equipment or machines preferably in a busy office environment
- Has some experience in the performance of specific tasks and activities that do not involve supervision or close liaison with others
- Ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise workloads effectively
- Excellent telephone skills and the ability to respond positively and effectively to staff.
- Competent in taking and forwarding messages accurately and promptly
- Team player
- Minimum of A levels achieved
- Pleasant demeanour
- Quick learner
- Ability to work co-operatively with a wide variety of people
- Reliable, dependable and willing to ‘pitch in’ at all times
- High degree of confidentiality
- High level of personal presentation
Please send your CV to our HR department.