As the IT Service Delivery Assistant you will be responsible for running a responsive and proactive IT Service Desk in line with ITIL standards.
The IT Service Delivery Assistant will be responsible for the smooth running of Hudgell Solicitors busy IT Service Desk. Whilst based in Hull or Leeds, the role will require occasional travel to our other sites in London and Manchester.
The role requires the logging, prioritisation and tracking of all IT support issues and queries. Over time, there will be an objective for the ITSD Assistant to resolve 50% of issues at first point of contact within 3 months of starting. This should rise to 80% within the first 12 months.
- Log all IT issues on the central service desk system;
- Assist in the resolution of issues at the first point of contact wherever possible;
- Where required, escalation of issues to the appropriate member of the IT team;
- Analysis of service desk issues, identifying themes and training requirements;
- Performing visual checks of servers and networking equipment each morning;
- Managing the IT service desk, ensuring that all user issues are logged and dealt with in an appropriate manner, providing a service focused on excellence;
- Managing the IT infrastructure and seeing issues through to resolution, involving and managing third party suppliers where necessary;
- Resolving all IT issues including server and network based issues that have a major impact on the firm;
- Establish a good level of familiarity with systems and applications used within the firm;
- Establish good relations with staff and help maintain the good reputation of the IT service team;
- Identifying recurring issues and putting in place solutions that prevent further reoccurrence;
- Ensure the firm’s backups and disaster recovery systems are functioning correctly and can be used to recover the IT systems in accordance with Recovery Point and Recovery Time objectives;
- Implement solutions and ideas that improve our ability to provide great service;
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers with regards to hardware and software fixes;
- Assisting the Head of IT with project work;
- Keeping records of all hardware and software on site;
- Identifying training needs and providing end user training where required;
ESSENTIAL SKILLS /ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Proven record of working in a busy IT support environment
- Experience of managing third parties to deliver technology solutions on time
- Experience of working within a busy and demanding environment
- Experience of managing a multi-site environment
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of virtualisation technologies
- Demonstrable knowledge of Windows Server and Windows Desktop
- Working knowledge of ITIL disciplines to Foundation qualification
- Experience working in a law firm environment
Hudgell Solicitors are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries and international travel.
To apply please sent your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com