A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Administrator to join our existing team at Hudgell’s whose recent successes have included being ranked as a Times Top 200 Law Firm and being awarded ‘Top Tier Firm’ status in the latest Legal 500 guide, which said the firm’s Yorkshire-based teams have ‘much skill and experience, particularly in the senior roles’ and ‘show unparalleled client care’.
You will preferably have experience within a similar role in the legal sector, have achieved or be working towards an HR qualification and looking to gain and further develop your practical HR experience in a fast-paced forward moving team. You should be keen to learn and develop, with a ‘can-do’, proactive attitude.
We pride ourselves on our client care and consistently achieve a score of over 9 out of 10 on Trust Pilot as we continue in our journey of ‘Righting Wrongs’. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Day to day administrative operations of the HR function.
- Compile and maintain employee records keeping them up to date including on Cascade.
- Provide first line support for employee and manager queries relating to HR policies and processes.
- Organise and prepare payroll information to be sent to the payroll processor when authorised to do so.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment, onboarding and induction processes
- Set up new starters on the e-learning platform and Cascade and issue relevant access details to them.
- Provide first line support for payroll and pension queries.
- Support managers with HR processes, attending formal HR process meetings and taking notes.
- Assist with the calculations for staff bonuses.
- Arrange training for members of staff
- Work with COLP to complete the annual SRA renewal.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the access card system
- General administration tasks, including filing, copying, printing, ad hoc reports etc.
- Basic HR knowledge
- Basic administration skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand, respect and follow confidentiality requirements
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Work accurately with good attention to detail