A great opportunity has arisen for an HR Administrator to join Hudgells whose recent successes have included being ranked as a Times Top 200 Law Firm and being awarded ‘Top Tier Firm’ status in the latest Legal 500 guide, which said the firm’s Yorkshire-based teams have ‘much skill and experience, particularly in the senior roles’ and ‘show unparalleled client care’.
We are looking for an HR Administrator to join our existing team in our prestigious offices in Hull city centre, preferably with experience within a similar role in the legal sector or having achieved/ working towards an HR qualification and looking to gain practical HR experience.
We pride ourselves on our client care and consistently achieve a score of over 9 out of 10 on Trust Pilot. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We say “we see the person not just the claim” and this is core to what we do throughout the company.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist with day to day and administrative operations of the HR function.
- Compile and maintain employee records keeping them up to date including on Cascade.
- Provide first line support for employee and manager queries relating to HR policies and processes.
- Organise and prepare payroll information to be sent to the payroll processor when authorised to do so.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment and onboarding processes
- Organise new starter welcome packs, issuing them to the relevant manager and support the manager to follow a comprehensive and appropriate induction process.
- Set up new starters on the e-learning platform and Cascade and issue relevant access details to them.
- Provide first line support for payroll and pension queries.
- Support managers with HR processes, attending formal HR process meetings and taking notes.
- Assist with the calculations for staff bonuses.
- Arrange training for members of staff
- Work with COLP to complete the annual SRA renewal.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the swipe card system
- General administration tasks, including filing, copying, printing, ad hoc reports etc.
- Basic HR knowledge
- Basic administration skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand, respect and follow confidentiality requirements
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Work accurately with good attention to detail