Salary: Dependent on experience
We are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries and international travel.
We have offices in Hull, Leeds, London and Manchester.
We pride ourselves on our client care and consistently achieve a score of over 9 out of 10 on Trust Pilot. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Based at our prestigious Hull City Centre offices and reporting to our Finance/Accounts Manager you will be working in a small team carrying out all financial duties as directed ensuring all transactions are in accordance with SRA Account Rules.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking legal cashier duties, including allocating bank receipts, reviewing and setting up on various electronic banking products eg CHAPS, BACS and faster payment.
- Processing accounting transactions to the financial management system.
- Processing office, client and inter account payment and receipt transactions.
- Performing daily bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of client and firm bank account, firm credit card and other control account reconciliations both weekly and monthly.
- Running various reports regarding client balances and disbursements; analysing and rectifying any issues occurring from these reports.
- Processing and payment of employee expenses.
- Printing off any cheque requests.
- Daily banking of all cheques/cash coming into the firm.
- Collecting, balancing and depositing all charity monies.
- Checking all purchase invoices received into the firm, posting onto the system.
- Archiving files from Proclaim on a weekly basis.
- Dealing with weekly court statements.
- Reporting any identified breaches of the SRA Accounts Rules to the Finance/Account Manager.
- Any other duties commensurate with this post.
- Have strong ledger experience.
- Be enthusiastic with a keen eye for detail.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with all colleagues.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to prioritise workload to meet set deadlines.