Based at our prestigious Hull City Centre offices and reporting to our Finance/Accounts Manager you will be working in a small team carrying out all financial duties as directed ensuring all transactions are in accordance with SRA Account Rules.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking legal cashier duties, including allocating bank receipts, reviewing and setting up on various electronic banking products eg CHAPS, BACS and faster payment.
- Processing accounting transactions to the financial management system.
- Processing office, client and inter account payment and receipt transactions.
- Performing daily bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of client and firm bank account, firm credit card and other control account reconciliations both weekly and monthly.
- Running various reports regarding client balances and disbursements; analysing and rectifying any issues occurring from these reports.
- Processing and payment of employee expenses.
- Printing off any cheque requests.
- Daily banking of all cheques/cash coming into the firm.
- Collecting, balancing and depositing all charity monies.
- Checking all purchase invoices received into the firm, posting onto the system.
- Archiving files from Proclaim on a weekly basis.
- Dealing with weekly court statements.
- Reporting any identified breaches of the SRA Accounts Rules to the Finance/Account Manager.
- Any other duties commensurate with this post.
- Have strong ledger experience.
- Be enthusiastic with a keen eye for detail.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with all colleagues.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to prioritise workload to meet set deadlines.