About Hudgell Solicitors
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Costs Draftperson to join Hudgells whose recent successes have included being ranked as a Times Top 200 Law Firm and being awarded ‘Top Tier Firm’ status in the latest Legal 500 guide, which said the firm’s Yorkshire-based teams have ‘much skill and experience, particularly in the senior roles’ and ‘show unparalleled client care’.
We are currently expanding our existing internal Costs Team and are looking for experienced costs people to join us at this pivotal point. The right candidates will have the opportunity to work across a broad range of work types. Flexible on location with home working opportunities.
We pride ourselves on our client care and consistently achieve a score of over 9 out of 10 on Trust Pilot. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a proven track record in drafting costs budgets and/or bills of costs.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills.
- Have an up to date knowledge of CPR procedures and current costs case law.
- Be commercially aware.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision when required.
- Work as part of an existing team.
- Be IT literate, preferably (but not essentially) including knowledge of using Proclaim and CostsMaster.
- Have experience of handling your own costs caseload from start to finish.
- Demonstrate high client care/service skills.
If you would like to apply please send your CV and a covering letter, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.