Legal Costs Administrator
About Hudgell Solicitors
We are an award-winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries and international travel.
We have offices in Hull, Leeds, London and Manchester.
We are looking for a Legal Costs Administrator to join our existing team in our Leeds city centre office.
We pride ourselves on our client care and consistently achieve a score of over 9 out of 10 on Trustpilot.
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
• Performing data input and retrieval operations such as case opening and closing, using a range of IT systems.
• Reviewing and responding to client emails.
• Monitoring emails in various mailboxes and ensuring that all tasks have been actioned.
• Preparing court bundles.
• Preparing claim forms in Part 8 Costs-Only proceedings.
• Preparing provisional and detailed assessment requests.
• Chasing costs payments and preparing enforcement proceedings (where necessary).
• Managing an online diary system and use of Microsoft Outlook.
• Managing online and paper filing systems.
• Carrying out general administrative tasks as requested such as photocopying and filing etc.
• Providing training to other members of staff about processes and administration tasks.
• Strong team player, with outstanding administrative skills and a proven ability to work proactively.
• Computer literate.
• Confident with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Confident on the telephone, drafting relevant correspondence and performing data input tasks.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines.