Salary: Dependent on experience
We are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries and international travel.
We have offices in London, Leeds, Manchester and Hull. This position will be based in Manchester with the possibility of some work in Leeds if required.
We are expanding our Civil Liberties Department in the Manchester office and seek a Solicitor/Legal Executive to join the team. The candidate will be predominantly working on inquests, which includes the high profile Manchester Arena bombings but will also undertake a mixed caseload of complaints and civil claims against the police and other public authorities, judicial reviews, inquiries and miscarriages of justice.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be commercially aware.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision when required.
- Work as part of an existing team.
- Have strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Have the ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike.
- Have a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment.
- Have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Be highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile.
- Attend business development and networking events.
- Be respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this.
- Be IT literate, including knowledge of using case management software, ideally Proclaim.
- Demonstrate high client care/service skills.
- Have experience working on publicly funded cases and making applications to the LAA.
- Have experience of working on CFA cases.
- Have practical experience of the CPR, issuing claims and litigating cases.
To apply please send your CV to:- email@example.com