Are you an experienced Legal Accounts Executive looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
Come and join Hudgell Solicitors; we are currently seeking an Accounts Executive to join our friendly team in Hull. In this role you will be part of a small team, carrying out all financial duties as directed by the Accounts Manager, whilst ensuring all transactions are in accordance with SRA Accounts Rules. Applications will be considered from those seeking full or part time employment.
About Hudgell Solicitors:
We are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries, and international travel.
We have offices in Hull and Manchester. You can learn more about Hudgell Solicitors and what it is like to work for Hudgell Solicitors on our website, https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk/
The successful candidate for this role will have strong ledger experience with a keen eye for detail. Being enthusiastic is important and having strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with the team and fee earners is essential. Communication is key for this position, so it is paramount the successful candidate can communicate verbally and in writing, with the ability to prioritise their workload and meet the set deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role Include:
- Undertaking legal cashier duties, including allocating all bank receipts, reviewing, and setting up on various electronic banking products CHAPS, BACS, and faster payment.
- Processing accounting transactions to the financial management system.
- Office, client and inter account payment and receipt transactions.
- Performing daily Bank Reconciliations.
- Preparation of Client and Firm bank account, firm credit card and other control account reconciliations both weekly and monthly.
- Run various reports regarding client balances and disbursements, analyse and rectify any issues occurring from these reports.
- Processing and payment of employee expenses.
- Print off any cheque request for file handlers.
- Daily Banking of all cheques/cash coming into the firm.
- Collect, balance, and deposit all charity monies.
- Check all purchase invoices received into the firm, post onto the system, distribute to the relevant people to sign off and pay when due.
- Archive files from Proclaim on a weekly basis and transfer file to Costs Waiting.
- Deal with any Legal Aid monies coming in.
- Deal with weekly court statements.
- Reporting any identified breaches of the SRA Accounts Rules to the Account Manager and ensuring they are accurately recorded in the COFA breaches log.
- Responsible for dealing with any interest clients have incurred whilst holding of their funds over a specified amount of time stated in the SRA accounts rules
- Upholding our Company Mission and Values.
- Any other duties commensurate with this post.