Neil Hudgell, Managing Director of leading Hull law firm Neil Hudgell Solicitors, has been recognised as the Outstanding Innovator of the Year by his legal peers.
The accolade was announced at the Claims Innovation Awards 2013, an annual event at which leading claims professionals from across the legal services, claims management and associated industries sectors are identified and honoured by their peers.
Organised by Barker Brooks Media in association with Eclipse Proclaim, the glittering black tie ceremony at the Hilton Deansgate Hotel in Manchester (8.5.13) was hosted by comedian Hal Cruttenden and attended by over 250 industry professionals.
Neil Hudgell was recognised as the Outstanding Innovator of the Year on the strength of his clever marketing strategies and business ventures. These include establishing www.webuyanyfiles.com a new brand which buys other personal injury and medical negligence practices, caseloads and cases.
Anthony Hughes, chair of the judging panel, told the audience: “”The judges agreed that this years’ outstanding innovator was someone who is “very much of his time”, spotting great opportunities and being brave in his decisive business moves.
“A true innovator in the purest sense of the word, he continues to grow his practice in these hard times, by adopting an entrepreneurial and flexible approach to legal services, backed up by clever marketing strategies. With client care at the core of its ethos, his firm has grown in size, year after year.”
Neil Hudgell Solicitors employs 100 staff, serving clients across England and Wales from offices in Hull and Leeds. The firm, which was founded 16 years ago, has Lexcel accreditation and is recognised by The Law Society of England and Wales for its high standards of practice and expertise. In addition, Neil Hudgell Solicitors is included in the Headway Head Injury Solicitors List 2013, is a member of The Brain Injury Group and also has accredited status from the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
Full list of winners
- Best Use of Technology: i-sign
- Client Care Initiative: Ageas Insurance Limited
- Claims Management Company Team of the Year 1-50 Employees: S&G Response
- Claims Management Company Team of the Year 51+ Employees: Atrium Legal Services
- Legal Services Team of the Year 1-10 Partners: Express Solicitors
- Legal Services Team of the Year 11+ Partners: JMW Solicitors
- Associated Industries Team of the Year 1-10 Employees: Photofile Ltd
- Associated Industries Team of the Year 11 – 100 Employees: HARTECuk
- Associated Industries Team of the Year 101+ Employees: i-sign
- Online Initiative of the Year Professional Solutions: Learning & Development
- Rising Star: Kevin Timms, Garden House Solicitors
- Outstanding Innovator of the Year: Neil Hudgell
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Andrew Twambley