Protective Equipment Compensation Claims
Your employer has a legal obligation to ensure you and your colleagues are given the right protective equipment (PPE) to protect you from injury when working in both hazardous and conventional working conditions.
If your employer hasn’t supplied you with suitable personal protective equipment for your job, and you suffer from an accident or injury, we can give you advice you need and help you and your family get the compensation you deserve.
Common examples of protective equipment claims may arise from:
- breathing in harmful fumes or toxins
- suffering cuts to the body
- head injuries caused by falling objects
- suffering burns from hot surfaces or chemicals
- eye damage caused due to lack of protective goggles
Specialists in Protective Equipment Claims
We have dealt with a variety of personal protective equipment claims against every type of employer and from all industries. This includes the NHS, local authorities, construction and manufacturing businesses, local plumbers and electricians.
- We understand that getting back to work is your priority. That’s why we offer a rehabilitation service to help you recover from your injuries – something which can often mean more than that the financial compensation we win.
- Should you require medical support such as physiotherapy, our dedicated team will help discuss your requirements and arrange this on your behalf.
Making a Protective Equipment Claim
It is compulsory for your employer to hold Employer’s Liability Insurance. Not all accidents at work are covered by this type of insurance, but it does mean that where an employer is found to be negligent and in breach of regulations, the insurer will pay compensation.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury that has happened as a result poor protective equipment, we will provide expert advice and care from the moment you call us, right through until your claim is settled. Please be aware that all claims have a time limit, so don’t delay.
Our Protective Equipment Experts
How much will my claim cost?
All protective equipment cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.Find out more
Covid-19 Public Inquiry
An independent public inquiry into the Government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic will begin in the spring of 2022. We have set up a dedicated team of lawyers to handle enquiries relating to Covid-19, PPE and the public inquiry and we would like to hear from front-line workers who contracted Covid-19.