Farming Accident Compensation Claims
Whilst rigorous safety procedures should always be in place on farms and in agricultural environments, sometimes farm accidents involving animals or machinery can happen. Farm injuries can have severe, long-term effects that can change your whole future.
Here at Hudgell Solicitors, we help you pursue a claim for farm accident compensation to get your life back on track. If something does go wrong, we are on hand to help with our expert legal advice, to get you the farm accident compensation that you deserve.
Specialists in Farm Accident Claims
Our team of dedicated farm injury claim solicitors has a wealth of experience in a workplace accident and injury claims. We’re always here to help you through your claim and beyond, getting you not only the justice you need but the support and recovery you deserve.
- Led by Law Society Personal Injury Panel Member Jane Woodcock who has over 20 years of experience in handling cases involving serious injuries requiring long term rehabilitation support.
- The wider team of personal injury solicitors specialise in all types of personal injury and are experts in dealing with the varying complexities that may arise from an accident at work claim.
- ● We have a team of dedicated specialists dedicated to providing the legal advice and guidance you need to carry on with your life.
The Law Society Accreditation is only awarded to solicitors who meet the highest level of management and customer service standards. The schemes promote high standards in legal service provision and ensure that clients are easily able to identify legal practitioners with proven competency in given areas of law giving you added peace of mind when choosing a lawyer.
Making a Claim for a Farming Accident
Your employer has a legal obligation to do all they can to ensure injuries do not occur at work by putting safety measures and procedures in place. However, if they fail to do this, and you suffer a farming injury as a result, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a farming accident that wasn’t your fault, the first step to making a claim is to get in touch using our online claim form. All claims have a time limit, so don’t delay. We’ll take the worry and hassle out of making a claim.
Our Farm Accident Experts
How much will my farm accident compensation claim cost?
All farming accident cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a “no win, no fee” basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money upfront and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed upon before your case is carried out.Find out more
- Farms can be dangerous places, full of hazards and risks that need to be safely mitigated.
- Some of the farm injuries and illnesses we have successfully won compensation for have involved:
- Dangerous animals
- Farm equipment accidents including tools and heavy-duty machinery
- Accidents involving vehicles
- Falling from a height or being hit by falling objects
- Accidents involving slurry pits, stores, or silos
- Exposure to hazardous substances such as chemicals and pesticides
- Exposure to asbestos, sometimes found in the walls and roofs of some older farm buildings
- Inhaling toxic fumes
- Allergies caused by exposure to contaminants
- Accidents caused by inadequate training, improper use of dangerous machinery, or the lack of proper safety equipment
- If you have been involved in a farming accident that wasn’t your fault, you have a right to claim compensation.
- Your employer (usually the farm owner) owes a duty of care to keep you free from harm. This means that they have a responsibility to ensure that adequate health and safety procedures are in place.
- This duty also extends to members of the public. Employers and farm owners must ensure that the farm site is safe for any visitors. Rigorous risk assessments must be performed and safety precautions should be provided to all visitors on entering the farm.
- As with most personal injury claims, you have three years from the date the farm injury happened to make a farm accident compensation claim.
- There are, however, exceptions to this rule so it is important to always contact a solicitor to see what can be done. For example, if you are claiming on behalf of someone with a severe brain injury and diminished mental capacity, there is no time limit. Similar exceptions are available if the event happened abroad or in tragic circumstances where there is a fatal accident.
- The amount of farm accident compensation awarded varies from case to case.
- Factors that can affect the damages awarded include:
- The severity of your farm injuries and pain
- Any psychological damage
- Costs of any future professional care
- Medical expenses such as for private treatment or counselling
- Travel expenses incurred
- Loss of past or future earnings
- Family dependency payments
- Take a look at our client stories to see how much financial compensation we have successfully secured for other victims of personal injury.
- Once you get in touch, our dedicated farm accident solicitors will arrange a free, confidential chat to find out what has happened. We will discuss the farming accident and its impact on your everyday life.
- From here, we will then analyse the details of your case and assess whether you have a farm accident claim. Using plain, non-legal language, we will explain your next steps and what we believe would be best for you.
- If you do decide to pursue a farm accident claim, we will:
- Consult with medical professionals on the extent of your farm injury
- Report the accident using appropriate methods where necessary
- Request evidence including CCTV footage, witness statements, records, and more
- Submit documentation and keep account of the progress
- Communicate with all parties
- Discuss settlement agreements and possible outcomes of your case
- In the circumstance where your case does proceed to court, we will support you through this procedure, making the process as simple and painless as possible.