Experts in

Motorbike & Cycling Accidents Abroad


No win, no fee motorbike & cycling accidents abroad compensation claims

No win, no fee

You can be represented by a highly-experienced accidents abroad lawyer at no upfront cost to you. Under our No Win No Fee agreement you only pay a pre-agreed percentage of the compensation awarded if your case is successful.

Read More +

Motorbike & cycling injuries abroad

Motorbike & cycling injuries abroad

No matter where in the world it happens a motorbike or cycling accident can have a life-changing impact. Our expert accidents abroad team can advise you if you’ve suffered a road accident abroad involving:

  • A motorbike or moped.
  • A bicycle.
  • A quad bike.

If the accident wasn’t your fault, or was only partially your fault, our travel litigation specialists could help you claim compensation.

We know the main priority for everyone who suffers an injury is to get their lives back on track as quickly as possible and we are nationally recognised for our rehabilitation services, tailoring our support according to the severity of your injury.


Specialists in accidents abroad

Specialists in accidents abroad

We work with a network of lawyers across the world, and have settled claims for accidents involving motorbikes, mopeds, quad bikes, bicycles, cars, HGVs and pedestrians — so you’re guaranteed expert legal representation whatever your circumstances.

We will also ensure you get the best possible support:

  • Our lawyers specialise in gaining access to the best rehabilitation support for those involved in serious accidents abroad.
  • Our experienced accident and illness abroad solicitors will take the time to understand what you’re going through.
  • We are leaders in securing compensation settlements and helping clients make the best possible recovery.

Making a claim for motorbike or cycling injuries abroad

Making an accident abroad claim

If you’ve been injured in a motorbike or cycling accident overseas, or a loved one has tragically passed away following an incident on a foreign road, we’re here to help.

The law concerning road traffic accident claims abroad differ between countries, and there’s also the language barrier to deal with, which can make the situation more complicated.

Our travel team are experts in handling overseas personal injury claims, and will act on your behalf to bring a claim against those responsible for your accident.


Client stories

Client stories

Ensuring you get the holiday injury compensation you deserve

View all

How to make an injury compensation claim

How to make a claim

Make a claim in six easy steps

Step 1

Free Initial Advice

Call us, request a callback or complete our online claim form and we will assess whether we think you have a claim.

Start my claim

Step 2


We will help you to decide how best to fund your claim. Usually we will be able to offer you a No win, No fee agreement

Step 3

Letter Of Claim

We will send a letter to your opponent with details of your claim, setting out why we think they are at fault.

Step 4

Obtain Medical Records & Medical Reports

We will request copies of your medical records and instruct a medical expert to prepare a report about the extent of your injuries.

Step 5

Prepare Claim Valuation

We will put together a schedule of loss setting out the losses you have incurred and the extent of the injuries you have sustained.

Step 6

Negotiate Settlement

We will send all the evidence to your opponent inviting their settlement proposals. If we cannot agree a reasonable settlement, we will prepare court proceedings.

Start my claim


Start your claim today

Feel free to give us a call or begin your claim online

Alternatively, call us now on 01482787771

Our client reviews

Client feedback

We’re always committed to getting the optimum outcome for you.

We were put in touch with Hudgell Solicitors through the Advocate to represent us on a pro-bono basis. They assigned Iftikhar Manzoor and he has been fantastic- very down to earth and easy to talk to. Any queries are answered quickly, and there seems to be a real understanding of concerns raised regarding the inquest of a close family member. We are so very grateful of the support they have given us so far, and extremely confident in their ability to achieve the result we hope for.
5 Stars
Imogen Greenaway
I wholeheartedly recommend the services of Hudgell Solicitors. Iftikhar Manzoors exceptional handling of our daughter's inquest showcased unwavering kindness, respect, and diligence. They provided invaluable emotional support throughout the process and, with dedication, secured the conclusion necessary for justice. Choosing Hudgell Solicitor is a decision you can trust for compassionate and effective legal representation”
5 Stars
Carole Butler
Been speaking with a lovely lady called Karolina Jedrych, she has helped me with my first Steps , making sure I’m well informed and understanding what’s happing along the way. Made me feel at ease and confident that I have chosen this team to help me . Thank you very much
5 Stars
The lady who is assisting me with my case is very helpful and understanding her name is karolina I would recommend this company without hesitation many thanks
5 Stars
Michael Parker
Chris Trousdale was the one of the youngest miscarriages of justice victims as a result of the Post Office Horizon scandal.
See more



Who can make a motorbike or cycling accident abroad compensation claim?

Before we accept your case, we’ll investigate the circumstances of the accident to establish who was responsible. You’ll normally be able to make a claim when there’s evidence to show that:

  • The accident was caused by the driver of another vehicle.
  • The accident was caused by the driver of a vehicle you were a passenger in or on.
  • There was a fault with the vehicle, which should have been fixed.
  • The accident was caused by a poorly maintained road or traffic signal.

In circumstances where you were partially at fault for the accident, you may still be able to claim some compensation. Contact our team today for free, no obligation advice about your claim.

How long do I have to make a claim?

How long you have to make a road traffic accident abroad claim will vary depending on which country you were in at the time of the incident and the law which applies to your case.

For accidents that occur in England and Wales, you normally have three years from the date of the accident to bring a compensation claim against those responsible. However, this will not be the case if your accident took place outside of England and Wales where English law does not apply. Some countries have much shorter time periods, some as short as 6-12 months from the date of the accident.

Our experienced travel litigation team can advise on the road traffic accident claims process for countries in the EU and around the world. We’d always recommend seeking legal advice at your earliest opportunity following an overseas road traffic accident.

Who can I make a claim against?

Who you bring a claim against will depend on the circumstances of the accident.

In cases where you were involved in an accident with a car, you can claim against the driver and their insurer.

If you were in or on the same vehicle as the person who caused the accident, you can bring a claim against the driver and their insurer.

If the accident took place while you were on a booked excursion or had hired a vehicle travelling as part of a package holiday, you could claim against the tour operator for failing in their duty of care to provide safe passage for you and your family.

If insufficient signage or poorly maintained roads were to blame for your accident, we can help you bring a claim against the local authority responsible for managing the upkeep and safety of the road network.

Our experienced accident and injury abroad lawyers can help you claim for a road accident abroad, in many different circumstances. Call us today for free and impartial advice about your circumstances, and we’ll do our utmost to help you.

How much compensation am I entitled to?

The amount of compensation you receive for a road traffic accident abroad claim will depend on the severity of your injuries, and the amount of trauma and losses that the incident has caused.

Our specialists will work closely with you to assess how much your claim is worth, enlisting the help of an experienced medical examiner to assess the extent of your injuries, and how much ongoing treatment you may require.

To calculate an appropriate compensation amount, we’ll look at the following:

  • The severity of your physical injuries.
  • The psychological impact of the accident.
  • Your loss of earnings, now and in the future.
  • Your ongoing care and medical support requirements.
  • Mobility aids and any adaptations needed to your home.
  • Other financial losses.

What happens when I make a motorbike or cycling accident abroad claim?

After you’ve submitted a claim to us, our solicitors will provide a free consultation to determine whether or not they’re willing to accept your case. If we do accept your case, we’ll begin the claims process, which includes:

  • Investigating your claim — To find out who was responsible, obtain details of their insurer and determine the extent of your injuries.
  • Calculate your compensation — We’ll work out how much your claim is worth by assessing the factors listed above.
  • Put your case to the other party — They may choose to accept or contest your claim, and the compensation amount.
  • Conclude your claim — Most road traffic accident abroad claims are settled out of court, but, if you do have to attend at Court, we’ll be there to provide complete support and guidance.

To find out more about the process of making a claim for a road traffic accident that happened abroad, get in touch with our experienced travel litigation team now.

Speak to one of our advisors

"*" indicates required fields

Existing Client?
Marketing Preferences
Alternatively, call us now on 01482787771

Meet our Cycling Injuries Abroad lawyers

Meet our lawyers

Local lawyers at the heart of your community


Paul McClorry

Accidents Abroad
Military Injury
Group Actions
Serious Injury
Personal Injury



Expertise. Trust. Authority

View All

Get in touch

Feel free to give us a call or begin your claim online

Alternatively, call us now on 01482787771

On this page

Motorbike & Cycling Accidents Abroad

Start my claim
Start my claim