No win, no fee hotel accidents abroad compensation claims
You can be represented by a highly-experienced accidents abroad lawyer at no upfront cost to you. Under our No Win No Fee agreement you only pay a pre-agreed percentage of the compensation awarded if your case is successful.
Hotel accidents abroad
Hotels have a duty of care to safeguard guests against accidents, injuries and illnesses. You may be able to claim in the following circumstances:
- Slips, trips and falls – If you slipped on a wet floor when there were no hazard warning signs present, or tripped on defective steps or paths, worn carpet or unattended cleaning apparatus.
- Swimming pools — From slips on wet or defective surfaces to potential drowning if the pool was unattended.
- Old or substandard furniture and appliances — Resulting in a range of minor or potentially severe injuries.
- Food poisoning or bacterial infections as a result of poorly handled and prepared foods or poorly maintained air conditioning systems.
- Glass doors – Unmarked doors, or those without appropriate safety stickers, pose a risk to guests of walking into them causing injuries.
- Bed bugs – Bites can cause painful swelling and itching that may need medical attention.
No matter what the circumstances of your accident or injury our solicitors can advise on your eligibility to pursue a claim.
Specialist accidents abroad solicitors
Our dedicated accidents abroad team have vast experience ensuring your case reflects the severity of the situation and the support you and your family need. They will:
- Advise on the claims process for countries in the EU and around the world.
- Liaise with a network of foreign law experts and fight to get justice for you and your loved ones.
- If required, arrange for an expert medical examiner to assess your injuries, or the circumstances of an injury, to ascertain what and who was responsible.
- Help you hold those responsible to account to ensure you’re compensated for your pain, suffering and loss.
Making a hotel accident abroad claim
If you’ve been affected by an accident in a hotel abroad, you could be entitled to compensation.
We’ll assess the circumstances of your case, and if accepted, begin our investigation, where necessary liaising with our network of travel experts to establish the circumstances of your accident and who exactly was responsible.
Once we’ve obtained all evidence in support of your case, we’ll advise you on a reasonable amount of compensation that’s appropriate to your injuries and losses.
The majority of accidents in hotels abroad cases we deal with settle out of court.
Ensuring you get the holiday injury compensation you deserve
A mother taking children to enjoy the evening’s entertainment at their holiday hotel suffered a serious ankle injury after she fell on a poorly lit footpath leaving her needing a wheelchair and crutches for the rest of the trip. The holiday accident happened during a family summer break with friends at a resort in Mexico. […]
19-year-old woman who needed hospital treatment after being severely bitten by holiday hotel bedbugs awarded compensation
A 19-year-old woman had to seek hospital treatment after suffering severe bedbug bites at her holiday hotel accommodation. A doctor told her he had never seen a case so bad and she had to be given antihistamine injections and antibiotics to help her recover. The bites ruined the woman’s two-week trip to the resort of […]
Mum awarded £25,000 damages after 50th birthday holiday celebration was ruined by broken ankle at hotel
A woman who booked a trip to Bulgaria to celebrate her husband’s 50th birthday described it as a ‘holiday from hell’ after she broke her ankle tripping on a faulty hotel step which left her needing a wheelchair. After she returned from a local hospital with her leg in a cast hotel staff then refused […]
TUI agrees £9,500 damages for UK holidaymaker after breaking her leg in Costa del Sol hotel bathroom fall
A West Sussex woman has been awarded £9,500 damages by package holiday specialists TUI after breaking her leg when falling in her hotel bathroom which had been left wet and slippery by cleaners. The 69-year-old woman from Worthing was only a week into a month long holiday with her partner, at the Hotel Florida Spa […]
The family of a grandmother who slipped and fell at her hotel causing her to break her ankle in three places says the family trip turned “into a nightmare”. Emilia Fabiszewska, a former schoolteacher, flew to the Greek island of Zante in June 2018 with the holiday firm TUI along with her husband, daughter, son-in-law […]
Injured woman cuts short Portugal holiday after slipping on wet floor at hotel while carrying two cups of tea
A woman had to cut short her holiday to Portugal with a friend after she fell on a wet floor at a hotel while carrying two cups of tea, striking her head and scalding herself. She was walking across the dining room in the hotel carrying the drinks when, suddenly and without warning, she slipped, fell backwards […]
How to make a hotel accident abroad injury claim
Make a claim in six easy steps
Free Initial Advice
Call us, request a callback or complete our online claim form and we will assess whether we think you have a claim.
We will help you to decide how best to fund your claim. Usually we will be able to offer you a No win, No fee agreement.
Letter Of Claim
We will send a letter to your opponent with details of your claim, setting out why we think they are at fault.
Obtain Medical Records & Medical Reports
We will request copies of your medical records and instruct a medical expert to prepare a report about the extent of your injuries.
Prepare Claim Valuation
We will put together a schedule of loss setting out the losses you have incurred and the extent of the injuries you have sustained
We will send all the evidence to your opponent inviting their settlement proposals. If we cannot agree a reasonable settlement, we will prepare court proceedings.
Our client reviews
We’re always committed to getting the optimum outcome for you.
Who can I make a claim against?
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may be able to make a claim against:
- The hotel management and their insurer for health, safety or hygiene failings.
- The tour operator you booked a package holiday with, for failing in their duty of care to provide safe and secure accommodation for you and your family.
Our travel litigation solicitors will be able to advise you further as to who you’re able to make a claim against.
How much compensation can I expect to receive?
The amount of compensation you’re entitled will depend on several different factors, including:
- The severity of your physical injuries — corroborated by an independent medical expert.
- The psychological trauma you’ve suffered.
- Your loss of earnings through taking time off work.
- Your ongoing care and medical support requirements.
- Mobility aids and home improvements you now require as a result of your injuries.
- Other financial losses you’ve incurred in the wake of the accident, including overseas medical expenses and travel costs.
- The loss of enjoyment you’ve experienced as a result of your holiday being cut short or affected.
Our solicitors are experts in achieving maximum compensation for hotel accident claims abroad, both inside and outside the EU. To find out the value of your claim, contact our team now for a free no obligation consultation.
How long do I have to make a claim?
The amount of time you have to claim will depend on which country the hotel accident took place.
If you were holidaying or working in the UK, you normally have three years from the date of the accident to bring a compensation claim. However, some countries have much shorter time periods, some as short as 6-12 months from the date of the accident.
We’d always recommend seeking legal advice at your earliest opportunity following an accident in a hotel abroad.
Expertise. Trust. Authority
How Hudgell Solicitors successfully claims accident compensation for clients injured on holidays abroad
UK Government figures show around 2,500 British people find themselves in a foreign hospital each year. Unfortunately, holiday accidents do happen, but in many cases, you can claim compensation. Package holiday tour operators have a duty of care to their customers so if you’ve been injured in an accident abroad through no fault of your […]
In our work supporting those who suffer as a result of accidents on holiday, swimming pools are a common causes of injuries. Thankfully, most of the cases we see result in injuries which don’t have a long-term health impact, such as cuts, bruises and lacerations. However, they undoubtedly cause pain, discomfort, anguish and bring an […]
Holidays – great, aren’t they? A chance to spend time with your family and friends – to empty your mind of all the things in your life that give you hassle and strain. A time to relax and to do the things you really enjoy. Why else would you hand over a sizeable chunk of […]